January 2017 Visa application submitted - timeline

sns

Hi klr81,

Just got the same letter, from Brisbane, but only asking for medicals. PCCs already done, no request for form80 thank goodness.

Medicals booked for Tuesday 21st, so fingers crossed we are nearly there!!

Estate agent coming next week so we can get the house on the market - that's a scary one!

Hey SNS !! How did the medicals go!! X

Hey SNS !! How did the medicals go!! X

Thanks for asking, they were fine, but £100 for each child to be weighed and measured!! OH and I had x-rays and blood tests too. My husband was complimented on his healthy heart!! Our BMIs were 21 and 24 so I think it should all be fine!

I guess we just need to wait now x

Sorry to be jumping on here friends! But I lodged my 189 today and I'm super excited and there's no February lodged post! We're waiting for PCC from Australia to arrive and we have medicals next Wednesday. How is everyone's application going? We hope to be in Sydney by July!

Welcome to the club, we are aiming for July (or sooner) too!

We had ours yesterday too. All seemed fine although I had to have my blood pressure rechecked as it was very low, although mine is naturally low anyway. Other than that everything seemed fine. As we were originally from UK my daughter didn't need the expensive TB blood test. After sns has said how much she paid, I won't tell you how much ours came to! 5 days now until results uploaded!

Edited by klr81

Sorry to jump in guys but for those of you who are offshore and applied for australian pcc did u include every single address you lived at both in oz and abroad or just the address in oz and address of shore for pcc to be posted to? Confused what addresses to put on application form as it says all addresses

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump in guys but for those of you who are offshore and applied for australian pcc did u include every single address you lived at both in oz and abroad or just the address in oz and address of shore for pcc to be posted to? Confused what addresses to put on application form as it says all addresses

Hi there,

We are in Malaysia so had to get a certificate of good conduct for last 3 years here and then I had to list addresses for the 7 years previous in the UK.

Just realised your post is about Australian pcc so actually my above reply is probably useless, sorry!

Edited by klr81

Unless the form has been changed and now specifically only asks for ozzie addresses, yes you need to put all your addresses. Part of the reason being that someone could have been in oz as a tourist, been arrested and convicted and given their home address not their one in oz. Thus when the files are checked the address will be used to verify identity.

Yes it's all addresses for the last 10 years. I've done 3 police checks now for immigration... I've lived at like 15 addresses in those years!! Does anyone know how long it takes for medicals to be uploaded, and if anyone is crazy like me... I know I'm healthy (enough) but worry they'll find something wrong with me !! This process is killing me off slowly!!

Hi, I lodged my PMV on the 21st Feb :) I read somewhere the waiting time is 10-14 months right now?????? I've got my HAP number but I've delayed booking my medicals until within 12 months or until I'm asked because I don't want them to run out. Does that sound about right??

Yes it's all addresses for the last 10 years. I've done 3 police checks now for immigration... I've lived at like 15 addresses in those years!! Does anyone know how long it takes for medicals to be uploaded, and if anyone is crazy like me... I know I'm healthy (enough) but worry they'll find something wrong with me !! This process is killing me off slowly!!

I am also randomly panicking about our medicals! We were told everything was fine and the only thing they were waiting on was bloods, I'm still nervous though! We were told results uploaded in 5 days and to ring and chase them if they weren't uploaded in that time.

Fingers crossed for us all! I want to plan our visa activation trip for this summer so I'm hoping we have a yes by end of April.....

Hi, I lodged my PMV on the 21st Feb :) I read somewhere the waiting time is 10-14 months right now?????? I've got my HAP number but I've delayed booking my medicals until within 12 months or until I'm asked because I don't want them to run out. Does that sound about right??

Oh wow that's a long wait! From posts I have seen, others seemed to be getting visas granted within 2 to 3 months! I hope this hasn't gone up to 10-14!

Oh wow that's a long wait! From posts I have seen, others seemed to be getting visas granted within 2 to 3 months! I hope this hasn't gone up to 10-14!

I'm not sure what to expect. I've seen UK sites saying it's 10-14, but the australian sites say 5-9. Then it seems most people from the UK are getting grants around 6 months. Eager for a CO to tell me what to expect so I know if I can enrol in another year of study or not and if we should book flights to visit each other while waiting, or just save the money and wait a little longer

Edited by EllieJV

I'm not sure what to expect. I've seen UK sites saying it's 10-14, but the australian sites say 5-9. Then it seems most people from the UK are getting grants around 6 months. Eager for a CO to tell me what to expect so I know if I can enrol in another year of study or not and if we should book flights to visit each other while waiting, or just save the money and wait a little longer

Have you been assigned your CO yet? We just got ours last week so I think it's about a 4 week wait before you get one. We are not to panicked about the grant taking longer than expected as realistically we wouldn't be making the move until Jul 2018 due to work commitments here. However I did want to do the activation trip this year as next year we need to holiday mostly within Malaysia to avoid losing our resident tax status and receiving a massive tax bill upon leaving!

Im on a PMV too. submitted start of January. They currently do state 10-14monthz but most seem to be 4-8 months depending on circumstances. Is your application straight forward? If you visit oz during your wait you can not be granted it while you are there and would have to leave. Im waiting until asked for my police check and medical.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Have you been assigned your CO yet? We just got ours last week so I think it's about a 4 week wait before you get one. We are not to panicked about the grant taking longer than expected as realistically we wouldn't be making the move until Jul 2018 due to work commitments here. However I did want to do the activation trip this year as next year we need to holiday mostly within Malaysia to avoid losing our resident tax status and receiving a massive tax bill upon leaving!

No CO yet. I was hoping we'd get one with our confirmation since some people have. But I read some people don't even get one? Well aren't told they have one, or any contact with one. Just waited a while and it's granted. I've basically uploaded everything (I think) apart from medical and police checks so probably get one asking for that eventually. I finish college in June, and my partners birthday is July so he was hoping I'd move for his birthday. So even if I was granted it by 5 months it'd be quite rushed. :/ I thought moving for October (my birthday) would be a bit more doable as we're aiming for December wedding so my parents can visit for that and spend Christmas same time.

Im on a PMV too. submitted start of January. They currently do state 10-14monthz but most seem to be 4-8 months depending on circumstances. Is your application straight forward? If you visit oz during your wait you can not be granted it while you are there and would have to leave. Im waiting until asked for my police check and medical.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be straight forward. We meet all the requirements and I've uploaded proof of them and everything from the checklist the day I lodged. I'm a little wary over our financial aspects since we don't have joint finances, but I stated we don't because we live apart there's no need. The closest to that is paying for hotels, each other's meals and days out while visiting. I'm hoping a CO will just ask for my medicals and that's it. If we did any visiting between now and the visa decision, my partner would be visiting me. So no delay on the visa. :)

So you applied, 4 weeks later you got a CO, 1 week later asked for medicals?

Sounds good, I want that speed!

I never actually received anything to say I had a CO but when I emailed back the Brisbane e-mail address, I received replies twice from the same 'processing officer'. Therefore I am just assuming he is dealing with our case. I submitted on 23/1 and received the email asking for medicals and police checks on 14/2.

I never actually received anything to say I had a CO but when I emailed back the Brisbane e-mail address, I received replies twice from the same 'processing officer'. Therefore I am just assuming he is dealing with our case. I submitted on 23/1 and received the email asking for medicals and police checks on 14/2.

Ah, fair enough. Just waiting left to do I guess. :)

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be straight forward. We meet all the requirements and I've uploaded proof of them and everything from the checklist the day I lodged. I'm a little wary over our financial aspects since we don't have joint finances, but I stated we don't because we live apart there's no need. The closest to that is paying for hotels, each other's meals and days out while visiting. I'm hoping a CO will just ask for my medicals and that's it. If we did any visiting between now and the visa decision, my partner would be visiting me. So no delay on the visa. :)

Yeah We dont have a joint bank account or anything like that but the visa folk know that this is the case with most PMV applicants. Mine is straight forward too (Although most people say that about theirs)i reckon ours will be around june/july time for a grant but its such an unpredictable process.

Yeah We dont have a joint bank account or anything like that but the visa folk know that this is the case with most PMV applicants. Mine is straight forward too (Although most people say that about theirs)i reckon ours will be around june/july time for a grant but its such an unpredictable process.

Glad to hear that, puts my mind at ease. Hopefully we get ours around the same time :cute: