January 2017 Visa application submitted - timeline

sns

Never been around Glenelg. Melbourne was really nice though. We went there in winter, but I wasn't expecting to need a coat and scarf.

Yeah Melbourne is one of those cities that can have all 4 seasons in one day. Certainly has its cold days but has the opposite too. Glenelg has had one of the best sunsets at the beach i've ever seen!

Yeah Melbourne is one of those cities that can have all 4 seasons in one day. Certainly has its cold days but has the opposite too. Glenelg has had one of the best sunsets at the beach i've ever seen!

I live in Wales at the moment, so we go from summer to winter in one day as well. I'm 5 minutes from the beach but the sunset sucks there because it's too cold to enjoy most the time. I'll definitely update with progress though :cute: Very exciting!

We had ours yesterday too. All seemed fine although I had to have my blood pressure rechecked as it was very low, although mine is naturally low anyway. Other than that everything seemed fine. As we were originally from UK my daughter didn't need the expensive TB blood test. After sns has said how much she paid, I won't tell you how much ours came to! 5 days now until results uploaded!

Great to hear that yours were fine, and cheap!! Our doctor said 2 days for test results and to be uploaded to Immi automatically. I just checked and under each name it now says 'Health clearance provided - no action required'. So I guess that's that done.

Not sure what else we can do now klr81 but wait. I wonder how long that will be?

Great to hear that yours were fine, and cheap!! Our doctor said 2 days for test results and to be uploaded to Immi automatically. I just checked and under each name it now says 'Health clearance provided - no action required'. So I guess that's that done.

Not sure what else we can do now klr81 but wait. I wonder how long that will be?

Ooh I will check my immiaccount now, just in case mine have been uploaded. We have been away all week so didn't think to check! My police clearance certificate has now arrived, just waiting on husbands but I did his about a week after mine. It really will just be a waiting game now. I really want to book our visa activation trip for August as the price of flights is steadily increasing!

Thanks for asking, they were fine, but £100 for each child to be weighed and measured!! OH and I had x-rays and blood tests too. My husband was complimented on his healthy heart!! Our BMIs were 21 and 24 so I think it should all be fine!

I guess we just need to wait now x

so glad went well! Just seen you have had them all cleared etc now!! Eek so exciting for you! 8' so jealous of you all being nearly there!! ? The Hubble has his test this Saturday and he is having a nightmare on the reading section!! He is one bright cookie but he keeps falling just one mark short to get top marks on the reading test papers! Any advice?

also once you express you EOI, do they set you up an immi account to upload all documents or do we go ahead and set one up? I am about to start scanning everything onto my laptop so once we do the EOI all documents are ready! We will only do police checks and medicals once requested yes? /sorry for so many questions lol. X

so glad went well! Just seen you have had them all cleared etc now!! Eek so exciting for you! 8' so jealous of you all being nearly there!!  The Hubble has his test this Saturday and he is having a nightmare on the reading section!! He is one bright cookie but he keeps falling just one mark short to get top marks on the reading test papers! Any advice?

also once you express you EOI, do they set you up an immi account to upload all documents or do we go ahead and set one up? I am about to start scanning everything onto my laptop so once we do the EOI all documents are ready! We will only do police checks and medicals once requested yes? /sorry for so many questions lol. X

Hi,

Sounds like you're not far off too! You can set up an immiaccount whenever you want but you can only upload your documents once you have been invited to apply for the visa. It then creates your visa application on there for you. It's definitely worth scanning all your docs now though as it's a lengthy job! As for the IELTS, I haven't really got any tips unfortunately! I just went for it and fluked the high bands I think!

Most people advise that you wait until you're asked to book medicals and get pcc, although I didn't! It just so happened I had booked our medicals a month in advance and got the request through the week before anyway. I also applied for pcc as soon as I was invited to apply for visa as I knew mine had to come from UK to Malaysia and post can be a nightmare!

Best of luck to your hubby for the IELTS!

so glad went well! Just seen you have had them all cleared etc now!! Eek so exciting for you! 8' so jealous of you all being nearly there!! ? The Hubble has his test this Saturday and he is having a nightmare on the reading section!! He is one bright cookie but he keeps falling just one mark short to get top marks on the reading test papers! Any advice?

My partner didn't get the reading either, he got a 6?? time before that was a 6.5. All other sections he got 7.5, 8 and 9 in speaking.

He is signed up to do the pte-a test on 6th march in the hope this is a bit easier.

Gonna sit down and do the mock test tonight see how he scores.

He's talking about giving up if he doesn't get the points this time!!!!

Couldn't sleep lastnight thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

so glad went well! Just seen you have had them all cleared etc now!! Eek so exciting for you! 8' so jealous of you all being nearly there!!  The Hubble has his test this Saturday and he is having a nightmare on the reading section!! He is one bright cookie but he keeps falling just one mark short to get top marks on the reading test papers! Any advice?

Did you do the skills assessment already? You need to do that first before the EOI. I did PTE so not quite the same as IELTS, but I scored way better on the day than I did in any of the mock tests, so he might be fine! Fingers crossed for you both

Positive skills assessment today!!!! Yay!!! Just need this pte-a. Doing sample questions lastnight, didn't go well. Reading is the downfall. Other areas are ok and score ok

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Good news about your skills assessment! How all goes well with the test!

That's amazing sns! That was just a week or so after your medicals? Such exciting times! Congrats!

Thanks everyone, so quick, I can't believe it. 5.5 weeks since applying.

I honestly think the thing that made the difference was getting an experience assessment from CPA (as well as a qualification assessment), it took a while, but at least I knew that I had claimed the right amount of experience and CPA agreed before I did the EOI or paid for the visa.

Good luck to you all to get yours fast too!!