Job Prospects

Shona Menzies

Hi All

I'm looking to see if anyone can advise what recruitment agencies are best to deal with in Australia.

My my husband and I got our temporary visa last year and we visited the Sunshine Coast and Adelaide. However Adelaide wasn't for us and are now returning to the Sunshine Coast, Darwin as well as Perth. I have contacted Hays in each area of these places as it's the financial area we both work in. I was looking to see if there was other recruitment agencies out there??? I'm keen to try and get appointments to see about job prospects before we decide which area to move too??? We are also getting job alerts from seek.

Thanks in advance.

Shona x

Hi Shona,

What profession do you both do and what kind of level are you at?

Also what are you looking for in an area to settle? what was it about Adelaide that didn't work for you? Darwin & SS coast may have the same characteristics. Your answers will help people respond appropriately.

Financial services head offices tend to be based in Sydney and Melbourne, Suncorp have a big presence in Brisvegas, Bankwest in Perth and then a few regional players. But the big 4 and most international companies tend to be Sydney and Melbourne

You might find that it comes down to individual recruiters in those areas, rather than companies. I would see if the same name pops up on Seek ads and contact that person. Collie is right, you might struggle to get financial work outside of the big capitals, but it depends what you're looking for.

Youi insurance are a big employer on the Sunshine Coast and I know that they don't use recruiters at all. The new Kawana hospital will open this year so there might also be opportunities there

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/scuhospital/workforce-recruitment

Hi All

I'm looking to see if anyone can advise what recruitment agencies are best to deal with in Australia.

My my husband and I got our temporary visa last year and we visited the Sunshine Coast and Adelaide. However Adelaide wasn't for us and are now returning to the Sunshine Coast, Darwin as well as Perth. I have contacted Hays in each area of these places as it's the financial area we both work in. I was looking to see if there was other recruitment agencies out there??? I'm keen to try and get appointments to see about job prospects before we decide which area to move too??? We are also getting job alerts from seek.

Thanks in advance.

Shona x

I got a banking job through Robert Walters while I was still in the UK, so I can recommend them. In my experience the international agencies are best, because they often employ people who have worked in recruitment in London and understand the difference between the UK and Aus markets.