Restaraunt manager sponsorship

johnstanhope

Hello folks,

Looking at maybe moving my family out to oz, my wife was looking at maybe be the primary visa applicant but maybe easier for me from reading a few bits and bobs.

I've got 14 years experience in different types of hospitality at various different levels .

Where is the best place to look for businesses offering sponsorship?

Kind regards

John

Hi John,

If you would like to live in Victoria, have a look at:

http://www.liveinvictoria.com

Specifically:

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/visa-nomination-occupation-lists/visa-nomination-occupation-list-for-victoria#.WIdt3yiw7Kc

ANZCO Code 141311 (Hotel or Motel Manager)

I note there are some beefy T&C's specific to the code, but you may well be eligible, for this 190 Skilled Nominated (Permanent Resident) Visa.

B

Hi John,

If you would like to live in Victoria, have a look at:

http://www.liveinvictoria.com

Specifically:

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/visa-nomination-occupation-lists/visa-nomination-occupation-list-for-victoria#.WIdt3yiw7Kc

ANZCO Code 141311 (Hotel or Motel Manager)

I note there are some beefy T&C's specific to the code, but you may well be eligible, for this 190 Skilled Nominated (Permanent Resident) Visa.

B

Thanks Beaty,

It's very confusing I find ! Ideally Gold Coast would be our preference as my sister already lives there, part of the reason for us wanting to move is to be closer to family as we both don't really have any close family in the uk .

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest The Pom Queen

If you were a qualified chef you would have a good chance. Other options are to look at the large hotel chains as they often bring staff in from overseas as managers

If you were a qualified chef you would have a good chance. Other options are to look at the large hotel chains as they often bring staff in from overseas as managers

Oh really? From what I have heard Restaraunt managers in most areas are in sort demand ? Have I been miss informed?

If you have the option of a permanent visa either via yourself or your partner then you really ought to take that option, especially with a family.

'Sponsorship' typically means a temporary visa for 4 years so is not a permanent move to Australia & that is hard with a family. Plus the 4 years isn't guaranteed, if you can't stand the job (or they can't stand you) & the job ends then you have to find another sponsor or leave in 60 days.

Whereas some occupations that is relatively low risk (e.g. nursing, teaching) I would think the restaurant trade is a bit more volatile.

Some employers say they will offer PR sponsorship after 4 years bit it's a hell of a risk and they are under no obligation to do so.

Cafe or Restaurant Manager is on the CSOL list so is valid for sponsorship - there is no easy way to find a sponsor, it's really no different to finding a job in the UK - search vacancies, cold call and knock on doors (a visit can be fruitful but by no means guaranteed)

Do investigate if any states are sponsoring Cafe or Restaurant Manager and if any other states are sponsoring Hotel Managers - assuming you could pass a skills assessment.

What does your wife do? It may be an easier option.

If you have the option of a permanent visa either via yourself or your partner then you really ought to take that option, especially with a family.

'Sponsorship' typically means a temporary visa for 4 years so is not a permanent move to Australia & that is hard with a family. Plus the 4 years isn't guaranteed, if you can't stand the job (or they can't stand you) & the job ends then you have to find another sponsor or leave in 60 days.

Whereas some occupations that is relatively low risk (e.g. nursing, teaching) I would think the restaurant trade is a bit more volatile.

Some employers say they will offer PR sponsorship after 4 years bit it's a hell of a risk and they are under no obligation to do so.

Cafe or Restaurant Manager is on the CSOL list so is valid for sponsorship - there is no easy way to find a sponsor, it's really no different to finding a job in the UK - search vacancies, cold call and knock on doors (a visit can be fruitful but by no means guaranteed)

Do investigate if any states are sponsoring Cafe or Restaurant Manager and if any other states are sponsoring Hotel Managers - assuming you could pass a skills assessment.

What does your wife do? It may be an easier option.

She is an occupational psychologist with 10 years experience, Msc in occupational psychology and bachelors in psychology. It was just another option really ! We spoke to an agent who suggested our easiest option would be state sponsorship for her but the only states are SA or NT, which is not a deal breaker as i believe after 2 years we could move but that involves up rooting the kids again and obviously the cost! He said 189 was not out of the question just might be more difficult to obtain .