Moving from 489 to 887(PR) visa

us3rOZ

hey!

I am currently on 489 provisional visa (family sponsored) living in Victoria along with my wife (was added as subsequent entrant) and will be applying for for the 887 (PR) visa in April.

I was wondering if anyone here has any info or have gone through the same process. i am specifically wondering if we would need the following:

- IELTS for both of us ?

- Health certificate for both of us prior to lodging the app (on the immi website it mentions don't get it until its asked) ?

- Police certificate for both of us prior to lodging the app (on the immi website it mentions don't get it until its asked) ?

- Private health insurance at the time of lodgement?

- Do you automatically get the bridging visa at the time of lodgement or you have to appy for it. Our 489 visa expires in April as well.

Also, can a document copy certified by a medical practitioner at the pharmacy in Australia be acceptable as a certified document?

Thanks a lot in advance; much appreciated!

Based on what's on the DIBP website, your dependents need Functional English if you want to avoid paying the secondary application fee. If the DIBP website suggests you don't complete the medicals and police checks until asked, I'd probably follow that advice. Unless you need private health coverage as a condition of your current visa, you wouldn't need to provide evidence of having this. You would be granted bridging visas automatically if you are onshore when you apply. I don't know whether a pharmacist can certify documents, but if you lodge an online application you don't generally need to have your documents certified if you upload colour scans.

Based on what's on the DIBP website, your dependents need Functional English if you want to avoid paying the secondary application fee. If the DIBP website suggests you don't complete the medicals and police checks until asked, I'd probably follow that advice. Unless you need private health coverage as a condition of your current visa, you wouldn't need to provide evidence of having this. You would be granted bridging visas automatically if you are onshore when you apply. I don't know whether a pharmacist can certify documents, but if you lodge an online application you don't generally need to have your documents certified if you upload colour scans.

thanks for the response.

On IELTS, i have read some posts here on this forum stating the IELTS results are considered valid for 3 years from the date of test. Any idea on this ?

Hey Mate

1) IELTS

IELTS isn't required for primary applicant as you already submitted your score at the time of 489 visa.

In case of secondary applicant, if you could prove that your wife did 5 years of study in English, that would be enough.

2) Health Certificate: You don't require health requirements unless CO ask you for them. Once you launch your visa, it clearly mentions that u don't require them.

3) Police certificate: It's better to acquire the AFP & police clearance to you both from your home country as well. Other wise, it may delay your processing.

4) Private health insurance: You don't need it at all. Once you apply your visa, you are entitled for Interim medi care.

5) Bridging visa: Once, you apply for your 887, straight away, in a day, u will get a bridging visa.

Thanks

Bhagath

hey!

I am currently on 489 provisional visa (family sponsored) living in Victoria along with my wife (was added as subsequent entrant) and will be applying for for the 887 (PR) visa in April.

I was wondering if anyone here has any info or have gone through the same process. i am specifically wondering if we would need the following:

- IELTS for both of us ?

- Health certificate for both of us prior to lodging the app (on the immi website it mentions don't get it until its asked) ?

- Police certificate for both of us prior to lodging the app (on the immi website it mentions don't get it until its asked) ?

- Private health insurance at the time of lodgement?

- Do you automatically get the bridging visa at the time of lodgement or you have to appy for it. Our 489 visa expires in April as well.

Also, can a document copy certified by a medical practitioner at the pharmacy in Australia be acceptable as a certified document?

Thanks a lot in advance; much appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone I am applying 887 through 489 in few months just trying to prepare documents checklist I have few questions?

I got 489 through Social worker but been working as a bar manager full time will this be a problem? I am pretty sure we can work any field as long as it is full time correct?

I have travelled around 6 weeks overseas will this affect the requirements for 2 years stay period ? 

How much did u guys spend I am planning to apply by myself cheers guys

Converting your provisional 489 to the permanent 887 is based on you proving you have met the conditions of the 489; i.e. lived and worked in the Regional/Designated areas.  Police certificates (AFP) are required.  Don't submit the application until you have spent the required 2 years actually IN Australia, but most certainly before your 489 expires.  Any time spent on trips outside the country must be made up before you can apply; i.e. you must physically have been onshore - and can document where you have been living - for 730 days.  Once you submit the 887 application the Bridging Visa is automatically granted.  You should be applying via the ImmiAccount system where colour scans of orignal documents are uploaded; you shouldn't need any certified documents.  As with anything to do with your visa, using a Registered Migration Agent is always the safest method; they don't have to be in Australia - you can use an Agent from anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Thanks hips for the ans Jenny just to clarify you are saying 6 weeks annual leave that  I spent overseas will not be counted for my 2 years Reginal stay requirements? I was still a resident in Territory and was paying rent for that time ? Can you plz share your view thanks again