Flying out tomorrow!

Atlas

Hi all,

I don't post too often as I'm definitely more of a lurker, but I thought I'd post a little update here since I personally really enjoyed reading these kinds of posts from other members when I was in the process of applying for my visa!

After planning a move to Australia for a number of years, my husband and I are flying out tomorrow morning to Melbourne and we're buzzing! It's all been a bit mental the past month or so as we have not only packed up our flat and rented it out, but we've left Guernsey (where we were based) to head to England for a week and squeezed in our wedding which took place on Saturday 21 January :) I can safely say that planning a move to the other side of the world, along with a wedding and interviewing for jobs, is pretty hectic but everything seems to have turned out well so far!!

We arrive in Melbourne on Wednesday night local time and as my husband (it still feels weird to type that!) relocated with work, we're being picked up from the airport and put up in a serviced apartment for 3 weeks. I received a job offer last Monday and we will both be working in the CBD, starting on 6 February so that gives us a little bit of time to hopefully sort out the essential bits and pieces.

We haven't secured a rental yet and we're hoping to be based in either South Yarra or Prahran. Fingers crossed there'll be something nice around as our stuff is due to arrive at the end of the month/early February!

Anyway, I'll post an arrival report once we've settled in a bit etc! I just wanted to share the news as well as say thanks to the members of this forum who have helped us along the way.

xx

Guest The Pom Queen

Have a wonderful trip and we look forward to hearing an update once you are settled. It's great news you both have a job lined up. Don't work too hard.

Wishing you the best of luck. We moved to Mels 3 months ago and have no regrets at all. With change comes nervousness/anxiety at times but I would have had that if I moved 50 miles from London too! Poms In Oz site has been a goldmine of advice, reassurance and experiences.