SkillSelect Questions

DukeNinja

Hello. I've got some questions about SkillSelect that I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer please. I submitted my EoI last week, with 65 points as a radiographer. How are the invites decided? I.e, it depends purely on the points score, e.g. individuals with X points will be invited first, then individuals with (X-5) points, then (X-10) points etc, without consideration of profession? Or, is it highest points in each professions? I.e, individuals with X points in professions 1-10, then individuals with (X-5) points in professions 1-10 etc...

Thanks,

DN

I assume you're applying under a 189 visa? Invitations are issued based on a) # of points claimed and b) date of EOI. There are some occupations (e.g. software engineer, accountant) that have such a high number of applicants that they limit the number of invitations each round - these are the "pro rata" occupations and yours isn't one of them, so yours would be mixed in with the general pool.

The last invitation round was on Jan. 18th so you would need to have had your EOI submitted by 11:59pm on the 17th to be included in that round. DIBP hasn't published the results of the last round but if yours had been submitted by the deadline, I think you would have received an invitation. The dates of the February rounds haven't been published but likely will be the 1st and 15th.

Hi MaggieMay24, thanks for the reply. Yes, you're correct, I submitted my EoI for a 189. I intentionally missed the deadline for the 18th as we are expecting our first child late April / early May. My thoughts were that should I get an invite in early Feb, then we'll have until early April to submit an application, and hopefully by the time we get assigned a case worker, baby would have been born. We could then add baby to the application, and do medicals and PCC.