E Visitor 651 Visa. Waiting over two months !

Stratocaster1959

Help please ...

Original 651 application lodged 7th Nov 2016. Further information requested from case officer on 14th November 2016, information provided (attached to email as unable to attach in immi account) and returned to case officer 15th November 2016, I have re-sent this information several times and also requested updates via the webform in immi and also by email but as of today 23rd Jan 2017 I have not received ANY correspondance, confirmation, update from the department of immigration.

Why so long to reply ?

Footnote: Between Apr 2015 and Sep 2016 I have already spent 456 days in Australia as a tourist, however I am a "genuine tourist", I am semi retired, ex HM Armed Forces in receipt of a pension for life. I travel a lot and work when I want/need to, I have provided evidence of this along with all other "further information" requested by my case officer.

Thank you in advance for any clues, guidance, help, advice.

JH

Hi JH,

Very few Registered Migration Agents have an intimate knowledge of the electronic visa processing systems which give us the subclass 651 and ETA visas, and I'm no exception so the following are just general comments. Strange that you can't attach the requested information to the Immi Account, that's the Department's go to strategy at the moment, can you save the relevant information in a different format for example? Emails just go into a pool where they're triaged - I assume yours are now out of sight and out of mind, whereas a document in the Immi Account will always come to a case officer's attention. Other people may have more targeted suggestions.

Cheers,

George Lombard