Free movement to Australia in Brexit Trade Deal

Home and Happy

Well I think we have quite clearly established you political credentials, feminazis indeed, where do you think that kind of language belongs, at some Alt - right rally of white aryans.

So, were the global protests we saw yesterday on TV really about Trump winning or was it about someone "losing" ?

Not sure if that was reported on Australia telly yesterday or are the main news headlines down there still about Adelaide V Wollongong ??!!

All those angry ladies. They didn't achieve much did they ?

Some of those with " left " leanings on this board will love it surely ....free movement lovely ...or will it be a bit of nimbyism

But it's just not going to happen. Australia opening up its doors towards Britain is like the UK having an open door to Europe that you guys don't like. It will be equally unpopular here.

The world is entering a new age of shutting down borders and putting IP trade barriers. Just the way the wind is blowing

I always liked the close links and preferential treatment given to our Australian and New Zealand cousins, this was clamped down on. I presume to avoid upsetting other countries and hurting their feelings. :wacko: I think letting anyone in from the UK would clearly be a backwards step with such a smaller population/infrastructure we would end up with some of the issues the UK is currently experiencing. My sister would be delighted though!

So, were the global protests we saw yesterday on TV really about Trump winning or was it about someone "losing" ?

Not sure if that was reported on Australia telly yesterday or are the main news headlines down there still about Adelaide V Wollongong ??!!

Long time since East of England has been in Oz.

try doing that in China. In fact, try doing that in the USA in four years time!

If Australia were to have freedom of movement with any country it would be with Singapore, that's the country they're looking to build much closer ties with, and if I can recall Tony Abbott was talking about it as a possibility when he was PM.

That would be a great thing for Australia.

Every single Singaporean I have worked with has always been the shining star on any of the work teams I have been in.

Singaporeans are highly skilled, very highly educated/qualified, positive, results driven, hard working and very disciplined.

• 4 weeks later...

The first thing Australia will do is ask for the UK to pull it's finger out and sort out index linking of expat pensions to standardise treatment of British Americans and British Aussies. They've been waiting for that for years and William Hague's last excuse was that the UK could not afford to pay the money, which was just bullshit.

Well they should be made to pay now, if they're desperate for a preferential trade deal.

Maybe they could do a deal on a specific allocation of VISA's for certain countries, like the very good deal that Australia has with the USA.

However, they need to be skills based. What everyone is afraid of is the UK exporting it's less desirables, rather than the people who can be net contributors.

Boris Johnson was spouting on about increasing ties, but he didn't specify family. He was obviously on about letting in some high performing Aussies, in return for British business getting a better foothold in Australia with regard to service industries, where the UK could teach Australia a thing or two. Whether Australia would accept the likes of Capita is another matter though, it's the road to a declining standard of living as can be seen from the mess the services are in in the UK.

Not going to happen I'm afraid. Bit of wishful thinking?

Yes, well there is buckets of wishful thinking washing around at the moment, May ,Farage, Redwood, Rees Mogg, Duncan Smith , Boris Johnson, Davies, Fox, Amber Rudd, Gove, Corbyn, Paul Nuttall, Downer, Modi, some just out of touch, some delusional, some fantasists, most of them obsessive.