dealing with spiders

Liam13

hi guys, im after some advice on what you do with spiders if its not a general house spider, there is a red back who lives in the garden next to our washing line. we are finding she makes a big web from the washing line to the fence and worried she might get into our washing. dont want to kill it but dont know how i would relocate it ? any ideas

If you don't want to kill it then I'd just get a pot and pop it in that and put a lid on it. Then go somewhere else out the way and let her go in her new home.

hi guys, im after some advice on what you do with spiders if its not a general house spider, there is a red back who lives in the garden next to our washing line. we are finding she makes a big web from the washing line to the fence and worried she might get into our washing. dont want to kill it but dont know how i would relocate it ? any ideas
you don't want Redbacks in your washing. Remove it humanely if you want. Red backs aren't that quick and don't jump. Ice cream container or hand vac should do it. Although I'd just kill it, because where do you let it go? Never try this with a funnel web too, they are aggressive little buggers. Then spray the area with a deterrent.

You sure it's a red back ? They unusual make formless messy webs underneath furniture and in nooks and crannies...not usually large proper webs across open spaces ?

We have been here 34 years and have never heard of any one being killed by a red back spider or a white tail , but no doubt someone will correct us We have never used sprays etc for years now and don,t mind spiders being around the house EXCEPT in the bedroom ,when you could be sleeping mouth wide opened So its the glass over them then slide a piece of card over the mouth of the glass and take them into the garden

Yes just had a re think , we would remove a red back if it was in the house , but have seen lots in our outside property and even think years ago i was bitten by a nasty specious when gardening without gloves, just sore hand etc but lived to tell the tale

Red backs and white tails - squash!

DS2 spent an evening in some discomfort in A&E having been bitten by a red back on the lane ropes at AIS. He was ok but it was a half drowned red back and he was sick for a while. With little kids I'd be inclined to get the pest controllers in !