Rsms issue

Guest Shaki

Hello everyone,

I have my citizenship ceremony last week before that I was granted rsms in nov 2015. so, I have done 14 months out of the 24 months on my rsms visa. I signed a employment contract wth my employer when i start job here. According to that contract employment period ends on 30 march 2017.

My questions are, as i recieved citizenship certificate now, can I leave my employer who sponsored me & have done 14 months with the employer after rsms grant. And also if i don't finish my employment contract which ends 30 march 2017, can my employer complaint against me to the immigration or what action my employer can take against me?

I am looking forward to hear from you guys. Please help me with your valuable replies. Thanks

There can be no comeback on your visa at this stage but you did sign a contract with your employer so you need to look closely at that. If your employer covered your visa and re location costs it could be a requirement to pay some back if you break the contract.

This is now purely a matter of employment laws and contracts.