where is the best place to rent a house?

Penang

Hi ,

Help, where should like live as my children 's school is in a different surburbs, one is in Camberwell an one is in Burwood. Ive checked the google maps, it looks very near, but heard ppl saying its not easy as traffic is heavy during drop off time. Please advise. Thank you.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum is this in Victoria?

If so you could look at renting in Surrey Hills. Can I ask why you have chosen two schools apart?

Suburbs it really depends on your budget, how many bedrooms, and what you want from an area.

Thank you. Well decision made was based on two good school n advise from friends over here. Nvr crossed my mind at all at that time. I am trying to apply for another school in Camberwell for my girl, don't think it's going to be a positive feed back as it's long waiting list. I am looking at three bedrooms n two bathrooms n most importantly fully furnished. I guess the traffic is heavy during drop off in the mornings for the directions that I am going right?. Looking in an area which is convenient and family friendly. Please advise. Thank you

Guest parleycross99

Hi Penang, The are you are looking at is where I live.

I consider all the eastern suburbs of Melbourne family friendly.

The only are I would not like to live is close to Box Hill as it has become very busy and commercial.

Otherwise it comes down to your budget.

You will probably need over $450 per week to get a reasonable home in good condition.

Do you think can I get a place in camberwell with three rooms n two baths , not too old for a budget of 500+/- ?. If I Really hv to travel from camberwell and burwood or vice versa what is the best option place to stay that I can send them to school on time?... stay in one's end or in the middle? I've google some of the properties, Camberwell area are most expensive and those reasonable ones are very old condition. Other then that surburb, the rest are very nice, modern n comfortable ( looking from those pics).

Hi Penang, I would be taking into account the ages of your children. Which of them would be ok if you dropped them off early / picked up late or are you prepared to pay for before and after school care? From a traffic perspective I'd try to live in Camberwell and travel against the flow to Burwood.