Assessment has been in-process for a few months now....concern over medical

christopherj

Hi All,

we have submitted all documents for Visa 489. My wife is the primary applicant as she has better educational qualifications and we submitted the medicals in Oct-2016. When I checked the status online, my wife's and son's processing status is completed with no further action required but mine says the following status... My only concern is that my BMI is at 31 and Total Cholesterol level was around 240 which is high.

Is it normal to take a long time and should we be concerned?

A panel clinic is currently processing this person's health examination(s) in eMedical. This screen will be updated once this person's case has been submitted to the department for processing. This may not occur until all results are finalized after the person has left the clinic. Ongoing delays should be followed up with the clinic in relation to the progress of your health examination results. Do not contact the department about this matter.

Looks like it has been referred to a medical panel to look at further. It didn't in other words tick all the right boxes on first check. They will either approve it or request you to undergo further tests or provide medical reports.

Essentially they are looking at how much you might cost in the next few years to treat and if you require scarce resources to be treated.

unless you have an underlying medical problem you should be fine. Did the panel doctor you saw express any concerns?

No.. The panel Dr said nothing to worry after the physical..etc... but the Blood tests takes 24hrs and we didnt hear from them after that..so im assuming it's nothing major

Looks like it has been referred to a medical panel to look at further. It didn't in other words tick all the right boxes on first check. They will either approve it or request you to undergo further tests or provide medical reports.

Essentially they are looking at how much you might cost in the next few years to treat and if you require scarce resources to be treated.

unless you have an underlying medical problem you should be fine. Did the panel doctor you saw express any concerns?

Hi All,

we have submitted all documents for Visa 489. My wife is the primary applicant as she has better educational qualifications and we submitted the medicals in Oct-2016. When I checked the status online, my wife's and son's processing status is completed with no further action required but mine says the following status... My only concern is that my BMI is at 31 and Total Cholesterol level was around 240 which is high.

Is it normal to take a long time and should we be concerned?

A panel clinic is currently processing this person's health examination(s) in eMedical. This screen will be updated once this person's case has been submitted to the department for processing. This may not occur until all results are finalized after the person has left the clinic. Ongoing delays should be followed up with the clinic in relation to the progress of your health examination results. Do not contact the department about this matter.

have you got a case officer yet?

No.. The panel Dr said nothing to worry after the physical..etc... but the Blood tests takes 24hrs and we didnt hear from them after that..so im assuming it's nothing major

The panel doctor won't contact you re results of blood tests. That isn't how it works. Those results just go into the medical file and given your BMI and cholesterol level, I would think its been automatically referred.

As has been said, they will be looking at the costs per year this might cost.

If you've not already done so I'd seek some advice about the cholesterol asap. Better to get that under control and monitored properly.

The panel doctor won't contact you re results of blood tests. That isn't how it works. Those results just go into the medical file and given your BMI and cholesterol level, I would think its been automatically referred.

As has been said, they will be looking at the costs per year this might cost.

If you've not already done so I'd seek some advice about the cholesterol asap. Better to get that under control and monitored properly.

Yes i will...Thanks