Melbourne CBD horror, three dead, 15 injured

amibovered

Why were the police chasing criminals in the middle of a built up area , seems to be high risk behaviour, police forces elsewhere have banned these gung ho behaviours for this very reason.

You've obviously been reading a completely different story to the rest of us.

They should have shot him the minute he started doing wheelies round the centre of Melbourne. I feel so sorry for the police these days- they are frightened of doing their job because of all the inquisitions they would face if they actually shot someone and killed them. As for those stupid, stupid magistrates letting these low life scum out on parole , they should be deemed culpable and lose their positions immediately.

They should have shot him the minute he started doing wheelies round the centre of Melbourne. I feel so sorry for the police these days- they are frightened of doing their job because of all the inquisitions they would face if they actually shot someone and killed them. As for those stupid, stupid magistrates letting these low life scum out on parole , they should be deemed culpable and lose their positions immediately.

One article i read said they couldnt as there were lots of cars and people stood around and shooting him would have sent the car out of control into these people, of course at that point they never expected he would then drive down the pavement doing what he did.They had also stopped the pursit prior to him getting to the centre due to the amount of people around, presumbly thats why he did circles and donuts to get their attention back.

Cal x

According to the paper today it wasn't a magistrate but a bail justice, what ever that is, who turned down the polices advice to refuse him bail. I wonder how that anonymous bail justice is feeling now. Maybe it'll make him/her think twice in the future going against the police's wishes.

The death toll is now up to 5 after the 3month old baby boy succumbed to his injuries.

Mike