Childcare Centre Manager- 134111

Dragonflygecko

@Dragonflygecko. I could do a top up on my masters to become a teacher...

My wife's degree was 3 years full time, she done it part time at the OU over 7-8 years whilst working full time as a manager.

We may have to look into the 457, she has worked in Australia before and when applied years ago had a job offer when returned.

So indeed we will explore that route if all else fails.

May just send the docs off to TRA and see what we get back, confident she is qualified it is just a case of when TRA consider that qualification from, UK level 4,5 or 6.

Do you know if TRA map qualifications to the ACECQA framework or do they make their own judgements?

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

TRA map all qualifications to the AQF framework, as do all skills assessment authorities. Qualifications from other countries are mapped to the AQF framework under the Country Education Profiles (CEP), a resource which is not freely available.

Australian Government agencies have access to it, and Registered Migration Agents have access to it (for a substantial annual fee). That is how they can tell whether your qualification is likely to be accepted as equivalent to its Australian counterpart - this can be found on the CEP.

Regards,

Richard

So do you mean a uni placement wouldn't count? It would have to be a permanent job working as a teacher to gain the 45 days? Thanks

No, I don't mean that at all. It means that the 45 days (minimum) must be supervised whilst you are a student and undertaking a teaching practicum at a school (through a university course), that part is mandatory for registration with any teaching board Australia wide.

Edited by Sammy1

Just another question if anyone knows, I understand that to qualify as a early years teacher I would require a 4 year degree with the 45 days supervised teaching in order to obtain the skills visa. But if I was to apply for the early years teacher via the RSMS route would I still need the 45 days? Under the direct entry scheme that is?

Just another question if anyone knows, I understand that to qualify as a early years teacher I would require a 4 year degree with the 45 days supervised teaching in order to obtain the skills visa. But if I was to apply for the early years teacher via the RSMS route would I still need the 45 days? Under the direct entry scheme that is?

As previously stated, to teach anywhere in Australia you must have the 45 days minimum, it is non negotiable.

The route you take to get here is up to you, but no teaching board (anywhere in Australia) will allow you to teach without it.

Edited by Sammy1

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Lparker15 said:

Oh wow big congratulations u must be so excited!!! Can I ask what prove of work experience you had to provide? Was it just references from your employer x

Oh words can't describe the feeling- honestly were over the moon. I'm still in shock, our case wasn't clear cut. For my work evidence I sent off hundreds of documents to prove experience such as employment statement, payslips, bank statements, salary increase letters, bonuses & awards, emails, ofsted report, p60/p45, professional development certificates, supervision, apprasial forms. Everything that linked me to being in management basically. Have you started the process lparker? ?

That's fantastic. Think we're going to have to go down the RSMS route as childcare group leader, that's if my qualifications come back from ACECQA as diploma level, still waiting to hear back from them and if I can find a sponsor. Would have loved to have been able to go for the 189 visa as manager but as I'm a self employed childminder don't think I will be able to prove my experience. Did you have your skills assessed by TRA? Can I ask how much it costs? So when r u looking at moving and where abouts? Congrats again xx

With the recent changes I would get your application in ASAP. Fingers crossed your qual is diploma level, what is your qualification? Yes for TRA you need to manage a nursery with at least 20 children 0-6 years old. Yes TRA is the assessing authority. It cost $1,000 for the skills assessment. We're booking flights for 2nd September going to the Gold Coast. Can't fully believe it yet! ??

The Gold Coast is my fav place your so lucky. I know all the recent changes are so worrying! My qualification is the CACHE Level 3 diploma children and young people's workforce and i also sent them my certificate of Higher education which is 120 credits. What was your qualification? I have a assistant who works with me now but not sure if that will be enough x

You might be good with the cache level 3 and higher certificate to achieve diploma level. When did you submit? Yeah it's highly unlikely unless you had 20 children 0-6 registered to your childminders. I have 3 qualifications (Montessori, level 3, & foundation degree) but ACECQA only assessed level 3. Where do you hope to go? X

They received my application on the 2nd may and said I should hear back by the 26th june. I'm also doing the Foundation Degree got 1 more year left. Yeh I didn't think I would be able to go for childcare manager our dream is to go to the Gold Coast as we have lots of friends there but if I get sponsored on the RSMS visa we will have to go wherever the work is and it will have to be somewhere regional x 

Aw that's good then at least you'll know in a months' time. I was hoping to 'top up' my FDA over there but with the new international fees even for permanent residents I think I'll pass! I would really like to get into teaching/tutoring Cert 3 and Diploma in Children's Services students but will probably wait the four years until we gain citizenship. There are some parts of GC which are considered regional, for example Nerang and Mt Tamborine. So you'd only need to work there and you could live in Surfers, Burleigh, Upper Coomera or wherever you wanted. I am going to have a little look at jobs now that I have the visa, I applied for one the other day but heard nothing back obv because I was so far away with no visa...! :biglaugh:

Amazing news Dragonflygecko, congratulations. Thanks for letting us know the result.

my wife has been contact with a large company in OZ and has a Skype interview on Tuesday next week. After seeing her CV they are very interested in sponsoring her. So her qualifications ( BA hons in early years education) are with ACECQA now getting assessed for diploma level. And I hope there is a positive outcome from the interview.

fingers crossed we might not be to far behind you.

• Like 1

I'm going for the 187 visa as group leader so it needs to be a centre based in a regional area. What visa and occupation is your wife going for? I'm going to start applying to a company called Goodstart and G8 as they also have a number of centres across Australia 

Yeh it's on the regional sponsor list think they've started calling it Lead Educator now, I would love to go on the 189 visa as childcare centre manager but my experience doesn't fit the role unfortunately. Yeh I know a girl who's also be sponsored by Goodstart going to hope I can get a interview with them 

On 2017-5-26 at 07:24, Dragonflygecko said:

Okay friends, I can finally share and clarify. My application was successful we have now been granted a 189 skilled independent visa on 134111 Childcare Centre Manager with diploma level qualification and over 3 years experience. Over the freaking moon! :)

Hi Dragonflygecko, 

Congratulations on successfully obtaining your visa! I just checked that the number of visa approvals for Child Care Centre Manager has just changed from 19 to 20, and I guess you must have been the 20th one! 

I wonder whether you have gone through the job ready program to get your TRA skills assessment?  They offer a job ready program now for newly graduate to receive their skills assessment. 

I saw that you had three years experience.  Did you use it for extra work experience points or is it part of the skills assessment requirements?  

Really appreciate your response. 

Sunny