4 day sightseeing recommendations

DukeNinja

Hi all, I'll be in Perth for 6 days very soon, and I reckon I'll have 4 days during which to do some sightseeing. Any recommendations would be very gratefully received. I'm open to getting a car hire. I am aware that 4 days is not very long, but I'd hate to just limit myself to Perth city.

Thanks, DN.

Perth is all about the beaches and they stretch all the way up and down the coast, so take your pic. Cottesloe is nice and Scarborough has a bit of life (although a big redevelopment currently under way).

Freemantle is well worth checking out, much nicer and has more atmosphere than Perth CBD (which is a bit soulless). You could do a river cruise from Perth to Freemantle and then the trolley tour around Freo.

Rottnest island (never been but people rate it)

Margaret River may be a bit far for the short timeframe.

Leederville for a meal and a a few drinks in the evening.

Hi all, I'll be in Perth for 6 days very soon, and I reckon I'll have 4 days during which to do some sightseeing. Any recommendations would be very gratefully received. I'm open to getting a car hire. I am aware that 4 days is not very long, but I'd hate to just limit myself to Perth city.

Thanks, DN.

I would miss Rottnest, as it's tight for a day trip, but drive or train to Mandurah,

Kings park,

Bassendean railway museum if you have young ones,

SciTech for young ones,

South Perth surf cat,

Penguin island,

Bike ride around river (hire),

Whale watching,

Walk around river ,

Train or drive to York,

Araluen

Uni WA, walk around Crawley foreshore

Plus all of the above.

Some things to Google anyway.

Edited by newjez

If you are going to Fremantle do take in this walking tour as the guide is so enthused and informative. It is dirt cheap too - just $25 per adult for two and a quarter hours and our guide Allen G is such a likable engaging guide. Allen used to be a councillor and was born in Freo and knows absolutely everything and anything about the city. We went yesterday while my Dad was over from England and it was one of the highlights of his stay here.

http://www.freemantlehistorywalkingtour.com.au or https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=fremantle%20history%20walking%20tour

The Tourist Information also has details...

If you are going to Fremantle do take in this walking tour as the guide is so enthused and informative. It is dirt cheap too - just $25 per adult for two and a quarter hours and our guide Allen G is such a likable engaging guide. Allen used to be a councillor and was born in Freo and knows absolutely everything and anything about the city. We went yesterday while my Dad was over from England and it was one of the highlights of his stay here.

www.freemantlehistorywalkingtour.com.au or https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=fremantle%20history%20walking%20tour

The Tourist Information also has details...

not sure if they do tours of Fremantle jail still. That was pretty awesome.

not sure if they do tours of Fremantle jail still. That was pretty awesome.

Yes they do - was going to recommend that, also Whiteman park is great - you can do Cavesham in half a day (in the grounds of Whitman), take a picnic lunch - there's a motor museum there too, if you have little ones there's a paddling pool so take bathers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Thanks to all your suggestions! I'm back in the UK now, and I did Perth/Bunbury (Dolphin discovery centre where I got close enough to one of the visiting wild dolphins)/Busselton pier (where I saw a ray!)/Fremantle, lots of time at Cottlesoe beach, lots of time in Subi (loved the laksa at The Red Chair and the hand made yoghurt at Little Cultures). It was an eventful week.

DN