Looking for sydney rental

Ollymel

Hi all

We are moving to Sydney on August 2nd and are looking for either a short term let before we find our place (say 3-4 weeks) or possibly even a long term let if something is available. We are two adults and an 11 month old. Open minded about the area so get in touch with any info. Many thanks.

Guest parleycr0ss

I think it is too early to secure something if you are not coming out for 8 months or so.

Whatever is available now won't wait for you until August.

Have a look at Realestate.com.au to look at rental prices for various suburbs now to get a feel for the market.

• 3 weeks later...

Your best bet is to research online the suburbs you like - Sydney is huge so you need to at least narrow it down to an area - then book an Air B&B in that area for you first 3-4 weeks whilst you start viewing places to rent. We wanted to secure something before we arrived in Sydney too but none of the real estates that I emailed were interested. Viewings are done via 'open house' usually on Wednesdays & Saturdays only. It's a set time, you get 15 mins along with 30 other people to look around & then if you like it it's a race against time to apply before somebody else snaps it up! There's so much competition in Sydney, it's ridiculous! We live in Sydney so f you need any other advice feel free to ask away :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...