Toilet paper recommendations

Wooba

When buying my first load of items after moving here I bought a big package of Kleenex toilet paper. Not knowing the local brands I went with this because it's a trusted brand where I came from. Turns out to be a mistake. It's pretty terrible. Mercifully it's almost finished.

So what brands do the members here recommend?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I loathe that Kleenex Cottonelle rubbish. Shredded badly and was, quite frankly, rubbish.

Quilton is good, as is the Coles own brand 3 ply ($9 for 24 rolls). In fact, that is my preferred option.

If there is an Aldi nearby, their Confidence 3 ply loo paper is also very good.

I think the moral of the toilet tissue saga is: go for 3ply and you can't really go far wrong.

Coles own brand here.

There is nothing like the range of loo roll here as there is in the UK. Its a pretty small range (which IMHO isn't a bad thing, you don't need 27 different colours or triple ply quilted really)

Coles own brand here.

There is nothing like the range of loo roll here as there is in the UK. Its a pretty small range (which IMHO isn't a bad thing, you don't need 27 different colours or triple ply quilted really)

Quite agree!

As long as it's not that awful Tracing paper stuff we had at primary school I'm ok! Lol!

Agree that Cottonelle is rubbish - falls apart, clogs the toilet and leaves a layer of "dust" everywhere.

A year or so ago we switched to Who Gives a Crap and love it - it looks like el-cheapo but is fantastic. https://au.whogivesacrap.org/

I'll be trying that company when I arrive.

Name alone, plus the giving back concept, is brilliant.

Online sales only?

B

For what it's worth, I've heard that Kirkland brand toilet paper is excellent. This is the Costco brand and I believe is their #1 selling product. I don't live close enough to a costco to buy it, but if anyone is I'd love to hear your opinion.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, elderberry said:

It's funny the things you need to find out when you get here! 

I've also been buying Quilton, but I think I will try Coles own brand next time to see how it compares :)

Don't bother. I've tried 'em all and Sorbent comes out on tops, There's slightly softer brands but they ain't as strong (brown finger syndrome)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2017 at 01:18, Wooba said:

For what it's worth, I've heard that Kirkland brand toilet paper is excellent. This is the Costco brand and I believe is their #1 selling product. I don't live close enough to a costco to buy it, but if anyone is I'd love to hear your opinion.

That's what we buy. A pack of 48 lasts more than 3 months. Works like it's supposed to.

The only issue is that you need to have a large amount of storage space to accomodate your purchases

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

:)

Goodness this is a real first world problem isn't it.

Be grateful you have a flushing loo and don't have to dig a hole in the ground.

Newspapers are good although you are sometimes left with a black arse. I brought a roll of cheap homebrand the other day as an emergency roll. My poor old bottom is chaffed now. Terrible stuff.

Here you are: https://www.canstarblue.com.au/home-garden/home-essentials/toilet-paper/

Who would have thought there was such a site!