AHPRA In Person...

DukeNinja

Hello! I'm after some help from people who have had to present to AHPRA in person to verify their identity. Since AHPRA is now only giving 3 months to present to an office, I am having to travel on a holiday visa to get this sorted. How have you guys dealt with the Proof of Address Requirement? Since I'll be staying for only 1 week and I'll be in an AIRBNB I'm not sure how to approach this dilemma. Thank you!

Guest Priscilla101

Any address is fine. It takes a week (mine was 3.days) to email you out your registration. With password etc to log on similar to nmc. Then just simply change the address. They send out the "you are registered" card like nmc but this isn't immediate

We opened a NAB bank account from U.K. The migration team had the account linked to the hay street branch in subiaco. We flew out on the Saturday and had appointment at bank for 11am Monday morning to activate bank account. 30 min later we walked out with bank cards and statement with relatives address on ( you can give them any address). We walked a few hundred meters up hay street to Ahpra. My wife presented, signed stat declaration 30 min later all done. Within 24 hrs email received confirming registration complete and on register.

Hope this helps

we have also just logged on to request cogs from Ahpra to be sent to ANMAC for modified skills assessment much simpler and faster then NMC. Ahpra confirmed cogs sent within a few days. Still waiting on NMC to email that they are processing application.

We opened a NAB bank account from U.K. The migration team had the account linked to the hay street branch in subiaco. We flew out on the Saturday and had appointment at bank for 11am Monday morning to activate bank account. 30 min later we walked out with bank cards and statement with relatives address on ( you can give them any address). We walked a few hundred meters up hay street to Ahpra. My wife presented, signed stat declaration 30 min later all done. Within 24 hrs email received confirming registration complete and on register.

I did the exact same as this, but I put the temporary address as the AirBNB we were staying in for a few days. You can tell AHPRA to post to a different address when you log in (you receive the email a few days after showing up) which I left as my parents.

:godfather:Hi Stevej, thanks for the comprehensively spelt out answer, that's exactly what I was looking for :godfather: One more thing, when you were in the UK, did you open the NAB account completely online or did you have to present to their London branch?

Thanks again!

Hi Stevej, thanks for the comprehensively spelt out answer, that's exactly what I was looking for One more thing, when you were in the UK, did you open the NAB account completely online or did you have to present to their London branch?

Thanks again!

I opened my partners NAB account completly online. When you turn up you show passport and give them a local address (AirBNB) and then they hand you your card, ask them for a statement print out and take this to AHPRA.

I actually did my NAB when we arrived without doing anything in advance and it was just as quick, the only difference was my card arrived in branch a couple of days later.

I opened my partners NAB account completly online. When you turn up you show passport and give them a local address (AirBNB) and then they hand you your card, ask them for a statement print out and take this to AHPRA.

I actually did my NAB when we arrived without doing anything in advance and it was just as quick, the only difference was my card arrived in branch a couple of days later.

Thank you so much for this mate, that's the last piece of the puzzle I was looking for! I can now relax, and look forward to my trip on the 12th :jiggy:

Yes we too just did it online. The only difference was. I contacted the uk migrant team and asked them to link my account to the branch on hay street nearest to Ahpra office so our bank cards would be there when we arrived. This made it easier for us so we could park car and do both activating bank account and Ahpra in same morning just walking a few hundred meters up the road. If we didn't get our account linked to the hay street branch in subiaco we would had to go to which ever branch they had decided to link our account to in order to collect bank cards.

Yes we too just did it online. The only difference was. I contacted the uk migrant team and asked them to link my account to the branch on hay street nearest to Ahpra office so our bank cards would be there when we arrived. This made it easier for us so we could park car and do both activating bank account and Ahpra in same morning just walking a few hundred meters up the road. If we didn't get our account linked to the hay street branch in subiaco we would had to go to which ever branch they had decided to link our account to in order to collect bank cards.

The branch they link you to is not guarenteed to help, you could be unlucky like us, we were sent to the thier choice of branch, we got there and the guy who does migrant banking was at a different branch that day even though we had booked an apointment so we had to walk to another branch, one next to AHPRA which was actually helpful but a bit of a walk. In Sydney there are a lot of branches in the CBD and all are fairly close.

Edited by mgreaves

I did think of going via a HSBC international account, as apparently there is no transfer fee between a UK HSBC and an Australian HSBC account, but apparently you have to have had a domestic account with them for a fair few months first, then you'll be eligible to open an international account. So I guess I'm gonna have to use one of the Australian banks. I'm considering either Westpac or NAB. Again guys, thank you so much to both of you for your help - I was worrying mad about this catch 22 situation. I can now plan how to enjoy the remaining days that I'll have in WA.

I did think of going via a HSBC international account, as apparently there is no transfer fee between a UK HSBC and an Australian HSBC account, but apparently you have to have had a domestic account with them for a fair few months first, then you'll be eligible to open an international account. So I guess I'm gonna have to use one of the Australian banks. I'm considering either Westpac or NAB. Again guys, thank you so much to both of you for your help - I was worrying mad about this catch 22 situation. I can now plan how to enjoy the remaining days that I'll have in WA.

Off topic:

I opened a NAB simply because it was fee free and convienet through this forum. I will change accounts once I've started work, ING seems to offer the best bet with free withdrawals everywhere, but they are online only so couldn't open in advance.

For transfering money I used TransferWise, they give better rates and charge much much lower fees.

No official statement as yet, but in my view it's probably to reduce the number of open applications on their desks. Many people apply for AHPRA registration from abroad. After they have been granted Approval In Principle, a large number do not go on to activate their registration for whatever reason (change of plans etc).

By reducing the registration window to three months, the number of pending applications sitting around will be greatly reduced.

Regards,

Richard

Off topic:

I opened a NAB simply because it was fee free and convienet through this forum. I will change accounts once I've started work, ING seems to offer the best bet with free withdrawals everywhere, but they are online only so couldn't open in advance.

For transfering money I used TransferWise, they give better rates and charge much much lower fees.

Are they better than Moneycorp ( fee free I think to PIO members??). I haven't opened any transfer accounts yet but will need to shortly.

Are they better than Moneycorp ( fee free I think to PIO members??). I haven't opened any transfer accounts yet but will need to shortly.

My quote from Money Corp using the account I opened from here was a worse quote than TransferWise, others on here said ring up and they will improve it...but I simply went to TransferWise and used the better quote without having to speak to anyone and simply clicked a few times.