Opinion on Traralgon area for Brit moving this year

LaddermanUS

Hi everyone, im a brit, living in Cornwall, with 5 kids (13, 11, 11, 9 and 1), my wife is an Aussie and is from Victoria. Her family live in Traralgon and we are planning a move later this year.

I work from home and have done for nearly 15 years. I repair mobile phones and computers and i also design and build retro arcade machines and pinball tables.

The intention is to move to Traralgon and continue working from home doing what i do at the moment. We would need to rent to begin with, looking to buy within 3-4 years i guess. I currently earn about £3000 a month in the UK.

Does anyone have an opinion on Traralgon as a place to live? Im from Cornwall so used to not being in the big city.

How about the type of work I do, do you think i would get plenty of work?

Any advice / opinions, good or bad very much appreciated.

Traralgon is a country town near some really nice places like Tarra Bulga National Park. My daughter has worked there for many years and my grandchildren went to Flinders Christian College (Traralgon campus). There is not a huge amount of work there though , especially since the Hazelwood power plant planned closure. Property down there is cheap (not much of an investment, sadly). If you like a country lifestyle it would be fine. My daughter commutes from Warragul these days because they lost their house in a bushfire some years ago ( Boolarra).

Can't comment on Traralgon specifically but we live in country Victoria (Echuca so northern Vic) and there are plenty of independent pc and phone repair people doing good business in our town. And the population is smaller than Traralgon. So I'd think you should be able to find work. Good luck with the move. Coming from rural north Wales we love country life over here too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk