Driving instructor qualifications

Garydonaldson

Hi everyone , I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice ,I'm currently working as a driving instructor and have been researching to see if I could use my job to get me to Australia . Up to now I have found this to be quite a minefield , with some people saying that I wouldn't have the same level of qualification as Australian instructors . I have tried contacting vetsssess but they wouldn't shed any light .

My job is on the csol list but when I've been searching for jobs with a company who may consider sponsoring that just reaches a dead end too. So I am hoping that someone may be able to offer some help or information which might point me in the right direction please , thank you in advance .

Hi and welcome to the forum

there are two issues with your occupation. For skilled permanent visas, an occupation on the CSOL list requires either state or business sponsorship, with state being the far better option, However, while SA used to sponsor it, I can't find it on their list at the moment, though even when it was there, it was subject to some criteria that were very hard to meet such as having very high points - the points normally available for some one with a PhD.

So, that leaves business sponsorship. However, driving instructors are usually self employed, even when working for a large company, it is as a self employed person. But a person can not be sponsored as self employed.

From my my years on here I have seen this occupation be queried a fair few times, but it has never led to a successful visa because of the above.

Do do you have a partner? Do they have an occupation?

Hi thanks so much for replying , it seems as though the driving instructing may be heading to a dead end ,however I do have my NVQ qualifications as a chef which I done after leaving school which was a long time ago , I don't know if I could use them because it's been so long since I worked in that trade .

Hi thanks so much for replying , it seems as though the driving instructing may be heading to a dead end ,however I do have my NVQ qualifications as a chef which I done after leaving school which was a long time ago , I don't know if I could use them because it's been so long since I worked in that trade .

It would be unlikely for a permanent visa as a skills assessment normally requires recent experience. It may be worth speaking to a good registered migration agent. There are a number who are member on here.