Mobile phone

Fairview70

Probably a strange question but I am totally clueless when it come to tech. My moving company want my mobile number on the boxes as I won't have a landline. My phone is UK but I'm moving to Aus next week(EEK!) my mob starts with 07 sometimes it drops the 0 and starts 447 what will it be? and will it differ for people phoning from UK and those in Aus? so do I drop the 0 and add the prequel code for Aust whatever it is?

Guest Priscilla101

If it's a uk mobile it will be 001144 7xxx. Dropping the 0 from your number. However remember your uk carrier may charge you. Add an email address if you're concerned

Your UK number may be useless in Aus if you can't receive international calls on it. Or are ending your contract or changing to an Aus pay as you go or contract. Aus mobile numbers don't start with 07 :)

For the sake of ease when traveling, I changed all my numbers in my phone with country codes. That way you'll never go wrong (if using a mobile) no matter where you are in the world.

ie.

+44 7 XXXXX for UK

+1 XXX XXX XXX for Canada/USA

+61 4 XXXXXX for Australia.