Frustrated doesn't cover it!

TravellingKatherine

Sorry needed a bit of a rant because I am so dam frustrated.

I have completed my APHRA (deadline of 3/11/17) to present by and I have my ANMAC skills assessment done. However I didn't get 8's in my IELTS so now need references assessed by ANMAC to get me the 5 points I am missing to apply for my 189.

I posted my references, plus my original letter of determination as they instructed on the 14/12/16. They have been lost in the post!! I am back where I started!!! GRRRR. I've email ANMAC but it appears I'm going to have to pay for my LOD to be re-issued and also pay to have the documents resent (Not that they are replying to emails at the moment either).

I need the references assessed (I am seriously hoping they don't reject them as they follow the template but are only a page long each) so I can submit my EOI.

My medical is going to get referred once I submit my visa application so that's going to slow it down too. Every single step seems to be taking so much longer than is necessary and it's so frustrating. Life is on hold and that's getting annoying.

But I am now beginning to worry that I'll run out of time to present for my APHRA at the current rate of progress :(

Any nurses out there who have been through the process who can cheer me up any?

No you don't.

What do you mean no I don't? I need the references assesed in order to get points for my work experience. Without it I only have 55 points. So ANMAC need to do that for me as they did my skills assessment. But I couldn't track down an old boss when I did my skills assessment.

Edited by TravellingKatherine

No you don't.

Wow, well that is extremely helpful to the OP.

Unless you can actually provide helpful advice (which I guess you can't because you don't work for free) then what's the point in even posting? 'I know the answer but I'm not going to to tell you, he he'

Definitely my bugbear of these forums!!!

Wow, well that is extremely helpful to the OP.

Unless you can actually provide helpful advice (which I guess you can't because you don't work for free) then what's the point in even posting? 'I know the answer but I'm not going to to tell you, he he'

Definitely my bugbear of these forums!!!

I'm glad it's not just me that was thinking it wasn't a helpful post. It certainly doesn't help me in the slightest

I did indeed, but all it says is it's with Australia post. I know the ANMAC office was closed until Monday and I asked for it to be signed for but the tracking hasn't changed for 3 weeks almost. Royal mail are saying it should have got there by now so to assume it's been lost.

They only hold things for a certain amount of time before returning to sender. If they've been closed over Christmas then the chances are it's coming back to you rather than lost.

Have you tried putting the tracking number in the australia post tracker? You might get more luck now it's here.

They only hold things for a certain amount of time before returning to sender. If they've been closed over Christmas then the chances are it's coming back to you rather than lost.

Have you tried putting the tracking number in the australia post tracker? You might get more luck now it's here.

I did try the Australia tracker but no luck. Royal mail told me it wouldn't arrive before Christmas when I posted it, which wasn't an issue. I just wanted it to get there. But 4 weeks have gone by, a whole week when ANMACS office has been open and it still just says it's on its way. Like it has since 21st December.

But ANMAC haven't responded to my emails so I can't do anything until they tell me how to get my LOD reissued. So I'm stuck and I just feel like time is ticking by :(

Hi am a nurse, and u will be pleased to know I won't charge u for my advice..... I moved to Melbourne last year. U don't need to do another ANMAC assessment. Their remit is to assess your skills for visa. So their determination letter will say something like your experience is equivalent to let's say 5 years in Australia. The number of years will determine number of points on skillselect. ANMAC require your IELTS only in assessing your English level as part of skills assessment, as long as minimum 7 for nurses it's sufficient. IELTS score for visa points is a separate thing all together. IELTS for visa is to prove level of English, so if u score at least 8 in each component your level is superior. When you express interest on skillselect you will complete your IELTS score, if at least 8 in all 4 (reading, writing, listening and speaking) skillselect will automatically assign you higher score. My suggestion to you is to create skillselect account, complete form it will tell you before you submit whether u meet minimum points (60). Don't worry about original ANMAC certificate if u have certified copy. All document submitted on skillselect are done electronically. I hope this helps. As a side note, I found whole process frustrating, these guys here take their time, so brace yourself for further frustrations. If u miss AHPRA deadline u can ask for extension, I think they can give up to 2 weeks. Whatever happen don't let it lapse, u will have to do it all over again. You are better off to travel here as a visitor/holiday to complete registration whilst waiting for 189.

Hi am a nurse, and u will be pleased to know I won't charge u for my advice..... I moved to Melbourne last year. U don't need to do another ANMAC assessment. Their remit is to assess your skills for visa. So their determination letter will say something like your experience is equivalent to let's say 5 years in Australia. The number of years will determine number of points on skillselect. ANMAC require your IELTS only in assessing your English level as part of skills assessment, as long as minimum 7 for nurses it's sufficient. IELTS score for visa points is a separate thing all together. IELTS for visa is to prove level of English, so if u score at least 8 in each component your level is superior. When you express interest on skillselect you will complete your IELTS score, if at least 8 in all 4 (reading, writing, listening and speaking) skillselect will automatically assign you higher score. My suggestion to you is to create skillselect account, complete form it will tell you before you submit whether u meet minimum points (60). Don't worry about original ANMAC certificate if u have certified copy. All document submitted on skillselect are done electronically. I hope this helps. As a side note, I found whole process frustrating, these guys here take their time, so brace yourself for further frustrations. If u miss AHPRA deadline u can ask for extension, I think they can give up to 2 weeks. Whatever happen don't let it lapse, u will have to do it all over again. You are better off to travel here as a visitor/holiday to complete registration whilst waiting for 189.

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. The reason I had to send my references off was when I did the skills assessment 5 months ago I couldn't track down an old boss to write me a reference. So I submitted one for the minimum 3 months they ask forgot and that was all. So because I didn't ask for my references to be assessed for visa points my letter from anamc doesn't mention work experience. Just that I am suitable for skilled migration.

The understanding I have is that if you want to use your professional experience towards your visa that ANMAC have to assess the references before you can apply for your visa? It was an option on the original ANMAC for, which I didn't tick.

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. The reason I had to send my references off was when I did the skills assessment 5 months ago I couldn't track down an old boss to write me a reference. So I submitted one for the minimum 3 months they ask forgot and that was all. So because I didn't ask for my references to be assessed for visa points my letter from anamc doesn't mention work experience. Just that I am suitable for skilled migration.

The understanding I have is that if you want to use your professional experience towards your visa that ANMAC have to assess the references before you can apply for your visa? It was an option on the original ANMAC for, which I didn't tick.

You are right, however to get 5 points u need at least 3 yrs working experience. If u have that level of experience, I think ANMAC have provisions of assessing ref and amend ua certificate. This will have nothing to do with IELTS.

You are right, however to get 5 points u need at least 3 yrs working experience. If u have that level of experience, I think ANMAC have provisions of assessing ref and amend ua certificate. This will have nothing to do with IELTS.

I do have 3 years experience. Three and a half now but because I couldn't track down an old boss I couldn't prove it. Now I have tracked her down and she has written me a reference, hence I had sent them and the original letter off in the post as ANMAC instructed me to do. Except it appears to have been lost! Because the tracking is still saying over a month later it hasn't arrived. I need the references assessed for points because I got the 7's required in IELTs for skills assessment but I was .5 off in one section getting all 8's to get the extra points for my visa. So without assessed references I only have 55 points.

Chances are now I'm going to have to pay for my original LOD to be reissued before they can start doing my references. And I have no idea if they will accept the references 1st time.

I definitely don't want to let my AHPRA lapse. I want to be heading for Oz mid September but the longer all this takes and the fact once I've applied for my visa my medical is going to get referred, the more and more unlikely that is getting. Hence my frustration :(

I do have 3 years experience. Three and a half now but because I couldn't track down an old boss I couldn't prove it. Now I have tracked her down and she has written me a reference, hence I had sent them and the original letter off in the post as ANMAC instructed me to do. Except it appears to have been lost! Because the tracking is still saying over a month later it hasn't arrived. I need the references assessed for points because I got the 7's required in IELTs for skills assessment but I was .5 off in one section getting all 8's to get the extra points for my visa. So without assessed references I only have 55 points.

Chances are now I'm going to have to pay for my original LOD to be reissued before they can start doing my references. And I have no idea if they will accept the references 1st time.

I definitely don't want to let my AHPRA lapse. I want to be heading for Oz mid September but the longer all this takes and the fact once I've applied for my visa my medical is going to get referred, the more and more unlikely that is getting. Hence my frustration :(

I see, ANMAC tend to be pedantic, if it is not full time experience will give u less than 3yrs! Have u consider 190? It's state sponsored which some state don't charge u for it, u get 5 points that u need. Obligation is to stay in that state for 2yrs. Where in OZ are you looking to emigrate?

1. Do not use the postal service to send important documents, use an international courier.

2. Work experience points opinions from skills assessing authorities are advisory and are not binding on ministerial delegates. Some skills assessing authorities, notably the ACS, automatically disclose a 'deeming date' in their skills assessments. I have never sought a work experience opinion from a skills assessing authority, or advised a client to do so. There is sometimes a difference between what a skills assessing authority wants to see for work experience and what the DIBP want to see. The criteria of the DIBP are the criteria to be satisfied for work experience points.