Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title
      Liked
      30 times
      Rep

Citizenship application - all overseas travel outside of Australia from age 18

We moved here from the UK in 2013 and are currently completing the citizenship application online lodgement. I have reached a question that asks me to state all overseas travel outside of Australia from age 18. To include work, holidays etc. It requires dates from and to...how on earth can I remember exactly when I went on holiday 20 years ago?! My husband will have even more problems as he frequently travelled on business from the UK all over the world, several times a year. How have other people tackled this section?

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      465 times
      Rep
      Back when I did my citizenship application they only wanted to know about overseas travel "Since turning the age of 18 and holding a permanent Australian visa". Since I didn't have a permanent Australian visa 20 years before applying for citizenship I didn't have a difficult in answering. Perhaps they've changed the application recently and now you do need to provide the information even if you didn't have a permanent Australian visa, but I'd suggest you double check.
      Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Title
      Liked
      17722 times
      Rep
      They will mean trips outside of Australia since you moved her. Had you been under the age of 18 when you moved but have turned 18 in the last 3 years, they only want to know the travel since you've turned 18.
      I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Title
      Liked
      30 times
      Rep
      Thanks for the replies.
      Just to clarify - Exact wording of question is
      "Since the age of 18 has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia? Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning age 18". It asks to include work/study, holiday/leisure etc

no mention of only including travel outside Australia since obtaining permanent visa. I have searched online for help for this question but can't find info anywhere. I guess I will phone the helpline today, when the open. I certainly won't be able to list the exact dates every time I've been abroad in the past 20 years!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      660 times
      Rep
      Do let us know. They must have changed the form. I will be applying later this year and struggled with the form 80 which ran to three pages in the end and that was just 10 years back!

As I am a widely and frequently travelled 54 year old that will really tax my grey cells, what is left of them.
      So many wineries ......so little time

Title
      Liked
      17722 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hannah78 View Post
      Thanks for the replies.
      "Since the age of 18 has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia? Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning age 18". It asks to include work/study, holiday/leisure etc

no mention of only including travel outside Australia since obtaining permanent visa. I have searched online for help for this question but can't find info anywhere. I guess I will phone the helpline today, when the open. I certainly won't be able to list the exact dates every time I've been abroad in the past 20 years!
      So you list all the countries you have lived in with dates For holidays etc., if you are unsure of the dates then put the year and duration
      I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      660 times
      Rep
      Easier said than done since age 18 though! That is 36 years worth of travel for me! And we went abroad a lot from the Uk not just an annual 2 week holiday a year.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      662 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hannah78 View Post
      Thanks for the replies.

I would answer that as follows:

1) Lived in UK from age 18-35 (1996-2013)
      2) Lived in Australia from age 35 (2013-present) and have travelled outside of Australia since then, as folllows:
      - Trip 1 details
      - Trip 2 details
      -Trip 3 details

etc

Although it is open to interpretation!
      309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16

Title
      Liked
      55 times
      Rep
      Yes - you do need to list EVERYTHING since the age of 18. The easiest is to go by passport stamps if you still have the old passports. If not, then any emails about bookings or calendar entries, etc. and pictures, if taken on holiday. You can skip the EU if they didn't give you passport stamps and you can't remember - there really isn't any way of knowing those.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      660 times
      Rep
      I didn't have e mail 36 years ago!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast