trump takes britain

bunbury61

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the front of the queue for trade.deals ...unlike president Obama who threatened to put Britain to the back of the queue of brexit occurred.

The old alliances are coming back together .

.oz and n.z next ...fingers crossed

it was a very stupid thing for Obama to say. But you got nothing mate. I'm not laying bets on May even getting a 1-1 with Trump. We're not at the back of the queue, but we are just a face in the crowd. The only real plus is he plays golf here, so he knows where we are.

it was a very stupid thing for Obama to say. But you got nothing mate. I'm not laying bets on May even getting a 1-1 with Trump. We're not at the back of the queue, but we are just a face in the crowd. The only real plus is he plays golf here, so he knows where we are.

Oh dear ....i may have to remind you in the months to come .

P.s what do you mean " you got nothing mate "?...what the **** are you on about ?

Are we back in the playground again ?

Its not the build up to a game of conkers in the playground ?

Those are the words of Boris on his return to the u.k after his visit to Washington ...its got nothing to do with me having nothing ...grow up

[h=1]Trump 'looks forward' to meeting Theresa May[/h]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38546476

Coming from someone who has proclaimed that he is putting the USA and American jobs first don't expect any favours. He would only be looking at deals which benefit him personally or the USA. Don't be surprised if taking down the offshore wind turbines in sight of his Scottish golf resort is part of any deal too.

P.s what do you mean " you got nothing mate "?...what the **** are you on about ?

Are we back in the playground again ?

Its not the build up to a game of conkers in the playground ?

Those are the words of Boris on his return to the u.k after his visit to Washington ...its got nothing to do with me having nothing ...grow up

that is what I meant.

it will never be a Thatcher/Reagan or a Blair/Bush type relationship.

There are obscenity laws you know - please refrain from using those 4 words in one sentence again. :shocked:

There seems to be speculation that a trade deal with the USA will privatise the NHS. Does anyone know how that would work?

Look up comments about TTIP which the US are trying to include in all their trade deals and leave countries open to being sued by American firms for loss of profits if those countries change their legislation, democratically don't forget, and it impacts on them, also it would mean that all socially provided services would have to be open to competition, or at least that is what I understand from my reading.

I hope they do close the tax evasion loopholes, and that whole dual nationality thing, those who want to be EU citizens and British Citizens

I don't care about my own dual citizenship would happily give it up, but I do care about people trying to have their cake and eat it at the expense of the british taxpayer.

You pick a country, you live there and you stick with your choice. Not floating back and forth and milking what you can from either, be it the free NHS healthcare, the benefits or tax advantages.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't want to be resident in Britain for tax purposes, then you have no rights to anything, including the passport. Talk about quitters, they make me sick. If you are happy to turn your back on the place for something you think is better, you should not be allowed back in and should give up your passport if you hate the UK that much.

I hope they do stop Dual Citizenship/International Health Tourism and clamp down on tax evaders.

I hope they do close the tax evasion loopholes, and that whole dual nationality thing, those who want to be EU citizens and British Citizens

I don't care about my own dual citizenship would happily give it up, but I do care about people trying to have their cake and eat it at the expense of the british taxpayer.

You pick a country, you live there and you stick with your choice. Not floating back and forth and milking what you can from either, be it the free NHS healthcare, the benefits or tax advantages.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't want to be resident in Britain for tax purposes, then you have no rights to anything, including the passport. Talk about quitters, they make me sick. If you are happy to turn your back on the place for something you think is better, you should not be allowed back in and should give up your passport if you hate the UK that much.

I hope they do stop Dual Citizenship/International Health Tourism and clamp down on tax evaders.

Don't quite understand the point you are trying to make, is it about dual citizens of Australia and the UK or citizens of Europe who can travel between countries freely which is perfectly legal until we leave the EU, at which point there will be an awful lot of confusion not least amongst the 3m English who have made Europe their home.

Where did you hear this speculation, was it from a reliable source or was it a newjez quote...
it's not a subject I know much about. I was hoping someone knowledgeable would pop up. Obviously I didn't mean you.

:twitcy::biglaugh::twitcy::biglaugh:

Edited by newjez

I hope not. By the looks of things, we are going to be the tax haven to end all tax havens.

Look up comments about TTIP which the US are trying to include in all their trade deals and leave countries open to being sued by American firms for loss of profits if those countries change their legislation, democratically don't forget, and it impacts on them, also it would mean that all socially provided services would have to be open to competition, or at least that is what I understand from my reading.
omg. Just skimmed through this

http://www.patients4nhs.org.uk/eu-us-free-trade-agreement-or-ttip/

That is scary. I'll read a bit more to get some grounding, but it sounds worrying. No wonder the Tories are all for them. No wonder they take so long to set up.

And Brexit was for sovereignty? And then they give their sovereignty to multi nationals. Very worrying.

omg. Just skimmed through this

http://www.patients4nhs.org.uk/eu-us-free-trade-agreement-or-ttip/

That is scary. I'll read a bit more to get some grounding, but it sounds worrying. No wonder the Tories are all for them. No wonder they take so long to set up.

And Brexit was for sovereignty? And then they give their sovereignty to multi nationals. Very worrying.

I'm not being critical but were you unaware of this, if you weren't then I start to get a better understanding of why brexit appeals to people so greatly.