Nursing Registration: applicants must present within three months

Richard Gregan

This now appears to be confirmed in correspondence from AHPRA to several of our clients.

Once AHPRA In Principle Approval Of Registration is granted, applicants must now present themselves at an AHPRA office within three months of the letter. Their office has said that they no longer give 12 months for applicants to present as before.

If additional costs are a factor, then we would not recommend visa applicants apply to AHPRA too early. Preferably you would want to have your visa grant already, as you will only have 12 weeks to turn up at an AHPRA office to activate full registration, unless of course you are ok about flying there beforehand with the purpose of activating your registration.

Regards,

Richard

Most likely, although we have only seen this with our nursing and midwifery applicants, but it would appear to be a general policy. So far, I've not been able to find anything about this on the AHPRA website - rather, it's being stated on correspondence from AHPRA to applicants who have been awarded Registration-In-Principle.

Regards,

Richard

It's all professionals I'm assuming. I'm a radiographer, and I've been given 3 months to present. I have got a question about the address: because of this time limit I need to present by March even though we're not ready to move over now. I'm intending to fly over for a week just to activate my registration. How do I get a proof of address?

Thanks in advance.