Glad to be home!

MKG

Well we arrived back home 2 mths ago and it has been a bit of a whirlwind. We had no issues with our little one on an Aussie passport they just advised to get her a British one too.

We are loving every minute of being back, we've had such a lovely christmas with family and just feeling like we belong again is amazing. We did enjoy our time in Australia but it just wasn't home and when we looked to the future it wasn't there. Being with friends we have known forever and having the kids give grandparents a cuddle there is just nothing better. Our aussie adventure has made us appreciate our home a lot more. Its been the best decision for us and we are really looking forward to 2017!

X

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes definately we dont regret it at all we are glad we did it and yes it is funny how leaving everything you know makes you realise how much you loved it in the first place. Thanks everyone and a Happy New Year to you all x

Well we arrived back home 2 mths ago and it has been a bit of a whirlwind. We had no issues with our little one on an Aussie passport they just advised to get her a British one too.

We are loving every minute of being back, we've had such a lovely christmas with family and just feeling like we belong again is amazing. We did enjoy our time in Australia but it just wasn't home and when we looked to the future it wasn't there. Being with friends we have known forever and having the kids give grandparents a cuddle there is just nothing better. Our aussie adventure has made us appreciate our home a lot more. Its been the best decision for us and we are really looking forward to 2017!

X

Good for you, I'm all for changing course when things are not going your way.

B

Yes thats it, you're only here once so make it the best you can. I would definately not put anyone off moving to Australia i would urge anyone to try it as it works for some people and they live there happily. This was our decision and the best one for us x

X

So good to hear the move has been a good one xx

Our aussie adventure has made us appreciate our home a lot more. Its been the best decision for us and we are really looking forward to 2017!

X

Great news.

Nothing beats being around friends and family and being home.

One day you realise that these things are what truly makes you smile.

Big houses, cars, boats, beaches, or whatever, those can never bring real happiness. Well ....not permanent happiness.

We have a lot to grateful for in Britain.

I agree having friends and family around you is amazing and having the kids grow up with family around them and all the lovely places to go on family days out holidays etc is just brilliant. Im loving it so much x

I agree having friends and family around you is amazing and having the kids grow up with family around them and all the lovely places to go on family days out holidays etc is just brilliant. Im loving it so much x

And all just a short car journey away !

We lived in Perth where there really is nowhere to go for these little weekend trips away, and its not like its a big vibrant city or anything, its not, it's totally dead.

Yes we were in Perth too, beautiful place visually but yes everything is very spread out and miles away!

We are going to holiday in this country now and see the bits of it we haven't seen, so lots to look forward to this year!! X

Great news.

Big houses, cars, boats, beaches, or whatever, those can never bring real happiness. Well ....not permanent happiness.

We have a lot to grateful for in Britain.

Those things you mention never meant sod all to me anyway .

What you gain on one hand ,you lose on the other .

Yes we were in Perth too, beautiful place visually but yes everything is very spread out and miles away!

We are going to holiday in this country now and see the bits of it we haven't seen, so lots to look forward to this year!! X

North Yorkshire

Scottish highlands

North Devon

Cornwall

To name a few ...its not better than oz ,just different .

The best holiday we ever had was a sun holiday in Cornwall when we were skint ....great times

So much to see in Britain ...and then ...there is Europe ,which has everything .

No need for you to go far afield now

Lucerne...paris ..italian lakes...venice ..munich ..prague ..krakow....are all waiting

GET OUT THERE AND DO IT ...DONT WAIT

We only do u.k and Europe now .

Nothing wrong with anywhere else ...but I bloody love visiting Europe

Great news.

Big houses, cars, boats, beaches, or whatever, those can never bring real happiness..

LOVE THIS!!!!!

I have realised this after 3 1/2 years here (although never had a boat but still) and we are planning to move back june 2018 with citizenship, proceeds from a house we built here and will sell before leaving, and a little aussie baby in tow....you could say we havent sat about whilst weve been here and weve 'given it a go" but with all this said....its just not home and i dont think ever will be, when i think of the future, its not here. We will come back for holidays im sure.

Glad you are happy to be home...I cant wait!

Good on you, if that's right for you it's the best place to be. As has already been said the 'what if' could have burned inside you for years to come if you didn't give it a go and maybe it would be the same if you hadn't gone back? If you got your citizenship first before you moved back that's a bonus?

Sorry to hear you didn't make Australia home, but good to see you are returning from whence you came without bagging Australia as quite a lot of Poms tend to do when they decide they cannot settle in The Land Down Under.

Perhaps your Aussie Baby will one day want to make Australia home?

Best wishes

LOVE THIS!!!!!

I have realised this after 3 1/2 years here (although never had a boat but still) and we are planning to move back june 2018 with citizenship, proceeds from a house we built here and will sell before leaving, and a little aussie baby in tow....you could say we havent sat about whilst weve been here and weve 'given it a go" but with all this said....its just not home and i dont think ever will be, when i think of the future, its not here. We will come back for holidays im sure.

Glad you are happy to be home...I cant wait!

Very very sensible wattsy ,concerning the citizenship .

Our eldest was born in oz .

We all have Aussie passports .

You never know what life will bring .

It gives you and them ...CHOICE

Very very sensible wattsy ,concerning the citizenship .

Our eldest was born in oz .

We all have Aussie passports .

You never know what life will bring .

It gives you and them ...CHOICE

This was our thinking, wanted us all to have the same passports and same future choices/options.

We had decided to stay for citizenship before we found out we were expecting baby number 3 but now it makes even more sense. We will then just apply for uk passport for baby before we leave here so he/she can enter uk on that