advice tips for moving back to UK

jgt

It is very busy for construction in the UK. To the extent the trade bodies are on the news regularly complaining of skills shortages.

Hear this every time time there is a up turn in the market, can honestly say during the time I lived in U.K. I don't think I ever saw a advert for a apprentice bricklayer or carpenter/ joiner saw a very small amount for electrician and odd one for plumber ( I was based in Nort east Wales )

you can thank Thatcher for this,

Good luck to op , just as a side thought have you thought about moving over to eastern side as things are booming there ?

Hear this every time time there is a up turn in the market, can honestly say during the time I lived in U.K. I don't think I ever saw a advert for a apprentice bricklayer or carpenter/ joiner saw a very small amount for electrician and odd one for plumber ( I was based in Nort east Wales )

you can thank Thatcher for this,

Good luck to op , just as a side thought have you thought about moving over to eastern side as things are booming there ?

My brother is a structural engineer in Brisbane, and they are absolutely booming - and the coal money for Queensland might keep the party going after the ore mining.

Edited by Ferrets

Definitely try over East. We just had a place built and the builder was run off his feet with 7 houses on the go at once- in country Vic, too near the beach. High rise apartments are going up everywhere in Melbourne closer to the CBD and right out into the far flung suburbs. Haven't seen anything like it in all the years we've been here. Not to mention those blasted rail crossings everywhere.

Lets hope the Brexit government and industry do the right thing by our youngsters then, providing them with the education, apprenticeships and training to meet the surge in demand, much like they did in the old days.

Those things are all freely available, I don't see things changing for the worse.