Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Introduction

Hello all,

My partner & I are hoping to move to Australia this year and are currently in the process of applying for a 189 Visa. She is a CIMA qualified management accountant, if anyone has similar experience or skills and has gone through the process please let us know as we would appreciate any help.

Patrick

Title
      From Bury,Manchester To Jimboomba, Brisbane
      Liked
      11795 times
      Rep
      Hi and welcome to the forum.
      Lots of luck with the visa application, it can e a stressful process. Where in Aus are you interested in ?

Cal x
      If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...
      If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Title
      Liked
      32 times
      Rep
      Hey mate,

I'm CIMA too. It is becoming more recognised over here although CPA & Ca are better know. CIMA & CPA Australia have a mutual recognition alliance, ie a CIMA member can become a CPA by just applying and paying the fees.

I did my Skilled Independent application in 2003, not sure what the current rules are. If you look for Accountant (CPA) on the occupation lists, she should be able to apply under that.

Good luck.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Thanks.

Would you say its worth hiring an agent?

We were thinking Brisbane at the moment but open to anywhere on the East coat really..

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
      Hey mate,

I'm CIMA too. It is becoming more recognised over here although CPA & Ca are better know. CIMA & CPA Australia have a mutual recognition alliance, ie a CIMA member can become a CPA by just applying and paying the fees.

I did my Skilled Independent application in 2003, not sure what the current rules are. If you look for Accountant (CPA) on the occupation lists, she should be able to apply under that.

Good luck.
      Thanks for the reply. She is currently doing her skills assessment through CPA and is going to transfer her qualification across. I guess my question is can she bank her work experience while she was studying?

Title
      Liked
      32 times
      Rep
      Is she a full ACMA? She doesn't need to transfer over. It is an option if you want. I never bothered and it hasn't really been an issue. Most employers view them all the same.

Regarding an agent, If you are confident you have the points, I'm not sure what value they add. It is really a process of getting all your paperwork together and making it as easy as possible for them to follow. I didn't bother using one and I had no issues. Process took about 9 months but this was back in 2003/2004, not sure how it has changed today.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi everyone,

Myself and my partner are in the middle of our emigration to Melbourne, my partner has a job with a 457 visa and we are just waiting for these to come through. We are bringing our 11 yr old daughter straight out with us, but my 18 yr old Son won't join us for a few months and likewise my 21yr old Daughter will join us later. How easy will it be for them to join us, can anyone help Plz.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      BAD NEWS.

she's a full ACMA qualified accountant but as she didn't get her letters until 2016 they won't count her experience despite working for 5+ years as an accountant!? So apparently we now need a 190 visa? any experience with this?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Shelly :Only on a working holiday visa I think but I might be wrong

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Thank you gertyax1978, does it mean my Daughter has to have a skill to come over and work Plz?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast