London Air Pollution kills 10000 people every year.

Parley

Nice world map here. Lots of places I wouldn't want to live. Always wondered why I got black snot when visiting London. Thankfully don't go there often.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38078488

People actually believe this with absolutely no scientific proof behind it......I cannot believe people believe every bit of unproved crap that is in stories like this.....are you all honestly this naive...:eek:

Edited by snifter
removed word

People actually believe this crap with absolutely no scientific proof behind it.....

Yeah....can't believe any of "this crap" produced by the naive suckers at Kings College London. Pity you don't live in a country where academics do credible research, PB. :wacko:

In 2015, a study by researchers at London's Kings College found about 9,500 people died each year due to long-term exposure to the pollution.

Wonder how many die in Beijing then? Must be in the millions with their state of pollution. How do they actually know anyway- does every death from a chest complaint get counted? What annoys me is that someone is paying for this sort of information. Shame on them.
you don't think this is useful?

It would be if it was believable but not so. Reminds me of all those brain tumours caused by phones and cancer caused by overhead power lines.
having lived under power lines and having been diagnosed with cancer at the age of forty, I would like to know that has been disproved.

I don't know how they arrive at the numbers. But I guess it puts a more human face on it. To say London airpollution has increased or decreased by 50 nanamcwotsists doesn't mean much, but to say the deaths have gone up or down by 1000 does. I do wonder, has it improved since the congestion charge?

It would be if it was believable but not so. Reminds me of all those brain tumours caused by phones and cancer caused by overhead power lines.
having lived under power lines and having been diagnosed with cancer at the age of forty, I would like to know that has been disproved.

I don't know how they arrive at the numbers. But I guess it puts a more human face on it. To say London airpollution has increased or decreased by 50 nanamcwotsists doesn't mean much, but to say the deaths have gone up or down by 1000 does. I do wonder, has it improved since the congestion charge?

It does lead to things such as this which are, interesting shall we say

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/01/speed-bumps-could-removed-cut-traffic-pollution-save-lives/

Wonder how many die in Beijing then? Must be in the millions with their state of pollution. How do they actually know anyway- does every death from a chest complaint get counted? What annoys me is that someone is paying for this sort of information. Shame on them.
Agree, it is a guess with no actual prove, but people who cannot think about these so called studies just take it in, you have to question studies like this and ask where is the actual proof? China is one of the most so called polluted countries on earth, how come they have one of the longest life expectancies? come on, dont believe every story you read as gospel...think about it,

China is one of the most so called polluted countries on earth, how come they have one of the longest life expectancies?

I wouldn't call a ranking of 53rd in the world (and 80th for females) "one of the longest life expectancies".