Question about 190 visa

You select the state you want to apply for (selected within the EOI). Not all states sponsor all occupations on the CSOL list. Some States also require you to make an application directly to them through their own websites (e.g. Victoria). Has your husband done skills assessment and English test yet? These are needed before you can submit your EOI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You select the state you want to apply for (selected within the EOI). Not all states sponsor all occupations on the CSOL list. Some States also require you to make an application directly to them through their own websites (e.g. Victoria). Has your husband done skills assessment and English test yet? These are needed before you can submit your EOI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he hasn't yet done the skills assessment or English test. Are they both done online?

Thank you for the information

You must undergo the skills assessment before you lodge an eoi. If he is claiming points for English language he will also need to undertake the English language exam such as ILETS and score sufficiently for the points being claimed. Also, some occupations require English tests at an advanced standard as part of the skills assessment.

I would also double check your points as that is very high and an over claim of points would lead to a visa rejection - and loss of fee and even a potential ban on reapplying.

In may be wise to speak to a registered migration agent.

You must undergo the skills assessment before you lodge an eoi. If he is claiming points for English language he will also need to undertake the English language exam such as ILETS and score sufficiently for the points being claimed. Also, some occupations require English tests at an advanced standard as part of the skills assessment.

I would also double check your points as that is very high and an over claim of points would lead to a visa rejection - and loss of fee and even a potential ban on reapplying.

In may be wise to speak to a registered migration agent.

Thank you.

He got 30 points for being 32 years old (realise this will drop by 5 points when 33 in November), he would get 20 points for English, 10 points for 3 years' experience in Finance Manager role, and 15 points for a degree =75

Are the Emigration Group a good migration agent?

not sure where your getting 10 points from from 3 years experience, 3 years experience is 5 points only Australian work experience is 10 points .Looks like you don't need the 20 points for the english but i wouldn't presume he will score 20. its not easy even for a native speaker. it stumps alot of people

Thank you.

He got 30 points for being 32 years old (realise this will drop by 5 points when 33 in November), he would get 20 points for English, 10 points for 3 years' experience in Finance Manager role, and 15 points for a degree =75

Are the Emigration Group a good migration agent?

The emigration Group are well known and reputable.

To get 20 points for English will need revision and work. It is very doable, but he should not assume it is a given. I have known English teachers not get it.

As mentioned, you don't get 10 for his experience.

You only need 60 points (55 + 5 for state sponsorship) for a visa, but whether it will be enough for an invitation from the state is another matter. You'd need to check each state's website to see a) if they're sponsoring his occupation, and b) if there is additional criteria, which often includes higher points, higher English skills or even a job contract already in hand.

Hello all,

My girlfriend & I are really hoping to make the move to Australia this year. She is a CIMA qualified management accountant with 8 years experience, we were hoping that we could get a 189 visa.

However, today we were dealt some bad news as we were told that due to her only being awarded her letter last year that all of her work experience doesn't count! So the 189 visa is a no-go now with only 60 points and a long waiting list. :arghh:

If there is anyone out there that can confirm this? and also help on a 190 visa. I believe this is the same as a 189 but requires you to work in a specific state? This is very frustrating and disheartening but if anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Patrick

Hello all,

My girlfriend & I are really hoping to make the move to Australia this year. She is a CIMA qualified management accountant with 8 years experience, we were hoping that we could get a 189 visa.

However, today we were dealt some bad news as we were told that due to her only being awarded her letter last year that all of her work experience doesn't count! So the 189 visa is a no-go now with only 60 points and a long waiting list. :arghh:

If there is anyone out there that can confirm this? and also help on a 190 visa. I believe this is the same as a 189 but requires you to work in a specific state? This is very frustrating and disheartening but if anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Patrick

How is it a no go?

B

How is it a no go?

B

They have said that although she has the relevant qualifications & experience she only officially sent off for her 'letters' at the end of last year (getting her certificates posted to her and rubber stamped) so even though she's been working as an accountant they only count the experience AFTER her letters were awarded.

Which is stupid!? But apparently the rules, do you know if there is a way around this or alternative?