Furnished or unfurnished

MichaelDS

Hi, moving to Sydney in April.

Looking on most rental sites its unclear whether properties are furnished or unfurnished. Is it more common than not for rental properties to be furnished?

Thanks

Michael.

Usually unfurnished. They usually have a cooker but often nothing else.

Looking on most rental sites its unclear whether properties are furnished or unfurnished. Is it more common than not for rental properties to be furnished?

Thanks

Michael.

What with fire regulations etc. Short term holiday let's may be furnished, but much more expensive.

On Realestate etc the longer term lets will be unfurnished, you may get a dishwasher if the house has one and built in robes but little else. If looking at short term holiday type lets then most will be furnished with your utilitys included but you pay more for a furnished rental because of this and because your not normally tied into a contract.

Cal x

To be honest, furnished isn't worth it. I've stayed in short term furnished the first few weeks and priced up what is included in Kmart, BigW and Target. They seem to only buy cheap stuff and the price difference is considerable. I'd suggest a move cube for your personal items, pictures plus maybe a TV and washing machine (if this is german and newish), else buy it all here and go unfurnished.

Long term rentals, 99% unfurnished, you will get a cooker and maybe a dishwasher and dryer (units).

Gumtree and Facebook marketplace are great places for getting 2nd hand stuff cheaply. I'm moving soon and getting rid of a lot of stuff on there.

Domain.com.au and realestate.com.au good places to look. Holiday lets (stayz, airbnb) will be furnished.

• 3 months later...
On 07/01/2017 at 2:51 AM, MichaelDS said:

Thanks

Michael.

Depends where you are planning to move to. I live on the Mornington Peninsula and it's a holiday place for many Australians so here there are a few furnished places but they are normally only 6mths rental as it brings in an income over the winter for the owner of the property and I imagine a lot of 'holiday' destinations are the same