Hiring furniture in the UK

Hello,

My husband and I are moving back to the UK in February and will be moving all of our stuff from Oz which includes a sofa, bed etc.

As we won't have it as soon as we move over, we wanted to hire furniture but not pay a fortune for it. Does anyone have any recommendations for furniture hire (Tunbridge Wells / London / Kent) which isn't completely extortionate? We were quoted £900 for two months but for that price I could buy brand new stuff...!

Any help would be most grateful :)

I would look at Gumtree and things and just get some second hand things to tied you over.

We didn't bring any furniture, but were very pleasantly surprised at what we were able to get second hand. Star was a sofa and armchair that were only a few months old and a top luxury designer brand - free!

Got a tv and a range of other things for less than £100 combined.

Hello,

My husband and I are moving back to the UK in February and will be moving all of our stuff from Oz which includes a sofa, bed etc.

As we won't have it as soon as we move over, we wanted to hire furniture but not pay a fortune for it. Does anyone have any recommendations for furniture hire (Tunbridge Wells / London / Kent) which isn't completely extortionate? We were quoted £900 for two months but for that price I could buy brand new stuff...!

Any help would be most grateful :)

go along camden road would kit out a medium flat, Camden Road has quite a few low cost 2nd hand furniture shops in Tunbridge wells, the road has not really changed all that much since we lived there in 1999, British Heart Foundation and Oxfam all have cheap furniture, we're outside TN now rural 1/2 way between east grin and t-wells, there are quite a few reasonable places to pickup some temporary furniture, Crowborough, East Grin, if you're mobile then Lakeside IKEA beats Croydon of the sheer pleasure of traffic, and that's saying something.. not sure about renting quality stuff, we used outdoor table chairs for indoor use until our main table set arrived, we had a week in the house before the container, kids spent 1/2 time with grand mother and we used inflatable mattresses !

Edited by deryans