Hiya

henke

I just thought I'd say hello.

It's undoubtedly the busy season for day dreaming of Australia. -3 when I woke up this morning and it'll be the same when I go to work tonight.

I've done a working holiday maker visa plus a further 5 trips to Australia. Including our wedding. The wife's been twice and we love the place, so migration is back on the menu. Or is it? I dunno. You must get dozens of dreamers on here lol. ?

So aye, hello again. ?

Hi and welcome to the forum... Day dream away, some of us migrants where in your shoes years ago,lol..

Does yourself or your wife have the skills to get a visa if you seriously wanted to give a go ? Its not a cheap process so definately worth making sure everyone is on side before you apply.

Cal x

I just thought I'd say hello.

It's undoubtedly the busy season for day dreaming of Australia. -3 when I woke up this morning and it'll be the same when I go to work tonight.

I've done a working holiday maker visa plus a further 5 trips to Australia. Including our wedding. The wife's been twice and we love the place, so migration is back on the menu. Or is it? I dunno. You must get dozens of dreamers on here lol. ?

So aye, hello again. ?

no kids? I think that is the perfect time to try it. Wish I'd brought my wife over pre children. Not that you can't take kids, just simplifies things.

Thanks for the replies guys. ?

I'm a maintenance electrician. Though the sector I work in here doesn't exist in Australia, but I can't see that being an issue. The Mrs is a nurse, nurse practitioner by the time we'd move.

We have two kids. The eldest is 20 months old and the youngest is only 9 months. To be honest they're the biggest hurdle for us, by that I mean it would be heartbreaking for the grand parents.

Thanks for the replies guys. 

I'm a maintenance electrician. Though the sector I work in here doesn't exist in Australia, but I can't see that being an issue. The Mrs is a nurse, nurse practitioner by the time we'd move.

We have two kids. The eldest is 20 months old and the youngest is only 9 months. To be honest they're the biggest hurdle for us, by that I mean it would be heartbreaking for the grand parents.

that's about the same age when we went. My wife really struggled as she lost her support network and started to suffer from depression. Be careful and don't underestimate the support that your wife may get currently from her friends and family. If you have doubts it may be an idea to delay a year or two. When were you thinking of going as the process may take some of that time anyway.

that's about the same age when we went. My wife really struggled as she lost her support network and started to suffer from depression. Be careful and don't underestimate the support that your wife may get currently from her friends and family. If you have doubts it may be an idea to delay a year or two. When were you thinking of going as the process may take some of that time anyway.

We were thinking 3 years. It gives us and our family plenty of time to digest what's happening. And going back to my work it gives me time to pad my cv out. There's opportunities available to me that I've never taken because I'm happy doing what I do.

We were thinking 3 years. It gives us and our family plenty of time to digest what's happening. And going back to my work it gives me time to pad my cv out. There's opportunities available to me that I've never taken because I'm happy doing what I do.
that would make sense. Kids just entering school is a good time to go. It's a time when kids and parents are open to meet new people and make new friends, as everyone is going through a change. I don't know what a maintenance election does, is that different to a regular electrician? There are quite a few threads on here about what electricians need to do to qualify. I would advise going for a pr type visa if going with kids. I expect you would go on your wife's nursing? Which would take the pressure off you.

One thing to be wary of, if -3 bothers you, crawling through a roof cavity at 40+ may not be a wonderful substitute. But if you work inside in air conditioning, then it shouldn't be a problem.

that would make sense. Kids just entering school is a good time to go. It's a time when kids and parents are open to meet new people and make new friends, as everyone is going through a change. I don't know what a maintenance election does, is that different to a regular electrician? There are quite a few threads on here about what electricians need to do to qualify. I would advise going for a pr type visa if going with kids. I expect you would go on your wife's nursing? Which would take the pressure off you.

One thing to be wary of, if -3 bothers you, crawling through a roof cavity at 40+ may not be a wonderful substitute. But if you work inside in air conditioning, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Haha a maintenance electrician isn't like wiring houses and stuff. I work in industry, basically keep stuff running. Fault finding on production machinery, the odd crane. There's definately work for me down under but the better paid stuff is fly in / fly out. Not sure I want that.