Highest paying job

connect

Hi members,

I have received my positive assessment for Australia. I understand that initially I need to do odd / blue collar jobs until I find my field related work (I am a skilled medical administrator). I need to know what are highest paying odd jobs available in Melbourne?

Thanks for your help in advance

There seems to be a lot of skilled migrants driving taxi's so I assume that pays quite well. Generally the less skilled jobs pay more in Australia than similar jobs in the UK, the minimum wage is higher.

It may be worth doing a Barrista course or the Responsible Service of Alcohol course & if you are thinking of maybe doing any kind of labouring in construction then a White card

(These are WA courses but other states will have similar)

Hi members,

I have received my positive assessment for Australia. I understand that initially I need to do odd / blue collar jobs until I find my field related work (I am a skilled medical administrator). I need to know what are highest paying odd jobs available in Melbourne?

Thanks for your help in advance

What do you mean, you understand initially you'd have to do other unskilled jobs, is this absolutely the case, who informed you of this, or is it that you need to do further qualifications in Australia to get jobs in your field? As calNgary has said above I wouldn't give up before you've even tried.

Hi members,

Wouldn't you be better off doing something relevant - like care assistant in a home for the elderly - rather than just going for what pays the most? I can't see that having 'taxi driver' on your CV will help you much in finding work as a doctor...

There seems to be a lot of skilled migrants driving taxi's so I assume that pays quite well.

No - taxi driving is one of the lowest paid occupations in Australia. A survey a couple of years ago in NSW revealed an average take home pay of $29000 p.a. For taxi drivers it's usually a choice between that or no job at all.

For the OP: there's a lot of competition for unskilled jobs. I doubt that being selective about the "highest paid" will be to your advantage.

No - taxi driving is one of the lowest paid occupations in Australia. A survey a couple of years ago in NSW revealed an average take home pay of $29000 p.a. For taxi drivers it's usually a choice between that or no job at all.

For the OP: there's a lot of competition for unskilled jobs. I doubt that being selective about the "highest paid" will be to your advantage.

Happy to be corrected - it just seemed to be a choice for many so I wrongly assumed it paid better than hospitality or retail work.

Wouldn't you be better off doing something relevant - like care assistant in a home for the elderly - rather than just going for what pays the most? I can't see that having 'taxi driver' on your CV will help you much in finding work as a doctor...

Is a Medical Administrator a doctor?

Happy to be corrected - it just seemed to be a choice for many so I wrongly assumed it paid better than hospitality or retail work.

It's not easy for most of them to fit the age/training/experience requirements of employers in these fields. Even if they undertake the training required there's no guarantee of employment, so it's easier for most to do the shorter taxi driving course and work semi independently and the hours which suit them.

It's not easy for most of them to fit the age/training/experience requirements of employers in these fields. Even if they undertake the training required there's no guarantee of employment, so it's easier for most to do the shorter taxi driving course and work semi independently and the hours which suit them.

Probably easier to just become an Uber driver these days.

Even Casey Donovan is doing Uber driving.

I don't think that part was ever explained...

Presumably because management roles in a hospital are more senior/better paid job than working as a Dr. in one or maybe the OP just prefers that part of the job. Though I'll be honest the OP does sound rather clueless, you would think someone of that caliber wouldn't need to turn to a forum to find out if there are roles available in their field.