Greetings brethren!

Noey

Hi everyone!

we are poms living in nz looking to move to Brisbane later in the year. We've been in nz for 8 years now and are citizens so an easy move visa wise. Keen to hear any experiences from kiwis and kiwibrits that have made the same move!

looking at going at the end of the year for our sons schooling.

cheers everyone :)

Australia and NZ are very similar.

There are heaps of kiwis in Australia.

You won't have any issues fitting in if that is what worries you.

thanks parley!

im not too concerned about fitting in as both me and mrs noey work with ozzies remotely from nz :)

concious that I'm not a Brit heading over straight from the uk and that also I'm not kiwi born and bred too.

have had a good look through this site regarding suburbs inc Ipswich and the gc. We've been over quite a few times for holidays but that isn't the same as living there aye.

have friends that recently moved to karana downs, another at Springfield lakes and family on the Gold Coast.

the thing I'm not too sure on is areas in relation to the cbd for commuting?

also number one son will be 15 nearly 16 at the end of the year so need to factor in high school and uni too.

Hi, we made the move on the visas you will be moving on (sub category TR444).

Will you be planning on getting permanent residency at all? As there are some issues with this visa if you are planning to stay in Australia for more than a few years.

yeah I gather there's no welfare safety net? Is there anything else i need to be aware of? I was a skilled migrant in nz but haven't looked at the oz version!

yeah I gather there's no welfare safety net? Is there anything else i need to be aware of? I was a skilled migrant in nz but haven't looked at the oz version!

- for loans such as mortgages, credit cards you are considered a temporary resident and cannot get credit from some institutions (so less choice)

- for University education your children may be classed as overseas students and charged as such

- every time you leave Australia your visa is cancelled so you have NO visa for Australia and if the rules changes while you were away you would not be able to get back in.

- you can never vote

- government jobs will probably not be open to you as you need to be a citizen.

- sure there are some others I have forgotten.

So all in all, better to get PR if you can.