AHPRA registration

Lisababy

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd post an update REGARDING ahpra registration as I know this is a topic that brings about much discussion (and usually frustration)

I am a qualified mental health nurse, initially diploma level but completed my degree top up 12 months ago. I did Non medical prescribing, psychopharmacology, leadership and evidence based practice. I had applied to ahpra in May and was granted registration in principle in June. This is only applicable for 6 weeks but I emailed my case officer and was extended my another 12 months (I think I was lucky because he replied to all emails and I had no issues at all - his name was Phoenix Leonard)

We arrived in Australia on our permanent visas on 31st December and presented to the ahpra office yesterday at 2pm, by 4.30pm today I was on the register so really quick!!! And start my job on Monday as a nurse consultant ? never been higher than a band 7 back home so really nervous.

If anyone needs any help, just send a message or reply here and and if I can help, I will do.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Help is needed! I'm waiting for my PR visa to come through but have been told that in the meantime I can apply for AHPRA reg. I've been on their website and it's so confusing! Sounds like I need an Australian address and my visa before I can apply....is this right? Any info would be appreciated

Thanks