ANMAC and APHRA...very confused!

CatLady1234

Hi there,

Hoping someone can clear up some confusion.

I am trying to complete process of migrating to Australia to work as a nurse.

My university will provide me with the required transcript of my qualification but need to know which institution to send this to, as the university says they send the transcript directly to the institution, not to me. So I am confused...is this ANMAC or APHRA this should be sent to? Where can you find the actual address?

Also in terms of NMC and certificate of good standing, should this be sent to ANMAC or APHRA?

I am really confused as I know I need to complete skills assessment via ANMAC but I presume all paperwork like transcript and Certificate of good standing is sent ahead before submit assessment online?

So I am hoping someone can clarify the steps I should be taking and where ANMAC or APHRA these forms should be going to!!!??

Hi

University will send transcripts direct to aphra and anmac. Address can be found on their websites and there are different address for different states

Also in terms of NMC and certificate of good standing, should this be sent to ANMAC or APHRA? This needs sending to both. request this via NMC.

I am really confused as I know I need to complete skills assessment via ANMAC but I presume all paperwork like transcript and Certificate of good standing is sent ahead before submit assessment online? Either way is good but they can't process until you send so the earlier the better

You will need to download and read the requirements for aphra and anmac from their websites as there is a lot of detail you will need to address.

Hi

im also going through this process at the moment. My application was lodged with APHRA in October but they want minute details relating to medicines management. I'm an academic it doesn't seem relevant and also recently revalidation with NMC. I'm not sure why there can't be a simpler system. I've not started the ANMAC process yet, can this be done in tandem to APHRA?

Dear Karen,

You say you work in a direct care giving role. Are you registered? You can apply to ANMAC at any time, but ANMAC will want to see evidence of current registration relevant to what you do. You've not given much information on what your profession is, apart from alluding to it being academic in nature.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

i am am a register nurse in UK. Working in higher education. I have been offered a position at a university in .australia and will be moving under the ENS 186. My APHRA application is in, has been since start of October but I haven't lodged anything with ANMAC yet. My visa application can't go in until the registration goes through. It just all seems to be taking a very long time

I see. Well, AHPRA registration can take a while, depending on how busy they are. But certainly there is nothing to stop you applying to ANMAC now. The good news is that ANMAC have become much quicker - skills applications used to take 12 to 14 weeks (or longer!), but are now assessed in around 8 weeks. Believe me, that's quick for ANMAC!

Regards,

Richard

Guest Priscilla101

Hi. Even as academic -to teach you need registration. Only get that with medicine management criterion 8. They may ask you to do bridging course to get registration. Even as academic it's necessary. Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi just came across this thread, just wondered with getting a certificate of good standing, did you have to pay twice to send it to both ANMAC and AHPRA?

It also states you need to have opened an application with the authority (ANMAC/AHPRA) before sending it to them - I have a migration agent so would they have done this?

Also once you pay the fee, what happens next?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 24/10/2017 at 13:47, yogi said:

Hi just came across this thread, just wondered with getting a certificate of good standing, did you have to pay twice to send it to both ANMAC and AHPRA?

It also states you need to have opened an application with the authority (ANMAC/AHPRA) before sending it to them - I have a migration agent so would they have done this?

Also once you pay the fee, what happens next?

Thanks

Sorry only just seen your question. NMC send to up to 5 places for the same fee

A new ANMAC application service goes live on 15th January.

You just pay once to have registration sent, but you can specify up to 5 addresses. NMC tend to state that you must already have an open application with a reference number, but we have had clients who sent theirs prior to setting up an online application and it was still linked up with the application later. However, due to the possibility of the registration getting lost in ANMAC's office, it's probably a good idea to open an application first and get a reference number for NMC to use.

Regards,

Richard