Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Booking seats

Title
      Liked
      10888 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Fisher1 View Post
      I'm sorry to hear you've had poor service from Easyjet. For a cheap airline, I've found them extremely helpful and accommodating. I'm quite sure that the flight attendants would have moved the child if they had been asked, I was just telling the OP that it's not been my experience that children are automatically placed next to the adults in the party, in response to their request.
      I'm not flying with Easyjet :) I'm flying long haul with Emirates.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5397 times
      Rep
      My son and I sat next to two children on my last leg back from Perth. The parents were accross the aisle. They had their hands full with babies, and the kids were very well behaved so I didn't mind.

Title
      Liked
      10888 times
      Rep
      We bought the tickets on 'sale' so the option to reserve seats at time of booking wasn't open to us. Am not too fussed where I sit usually but I don't want us to have to clamber out over anyone for toilets etc and would prefer not to be stuck right at the back or near toilets on the 777 13 hour leg if I can help it. The A380 leg I don't care a jot to reserve as its only 6 hours or so.

I'll try calling again today and sending off an email :)

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1446 times
      Rep
      I hadn't realised we'd have to pay to book particular seats. I didn't on A recent Qatar airways flight....you just went online and chose.
      Our November flight will involve 2 adults, 2 young kids,and an infant so I really want the bulkhead row of 4 . Went online (Qantas) but I could only request a preference of window/aisle. I'd best phone in the morning I think!!
      If I booked with Qantas but flights are actually with Emirates, who do you phone?

Just read on Emirates page that if you are travelling with an infant you are exempt from the charge as are all family members in the group....but as infant not yet born I can't add them to the booking just yet.
      Last edited by Bound4Tassie; 03-01-2017 at 11:19 PM.
      Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      660 times
      Rep
      Just log into emirates with your booking ref. You should be able to reserve seats. I have done this before when I have booked through a discount agent with no problems. No charge unless you go for premium seating or extra leg room.
      So many wineries ......so little time

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1446 times
      Rep
      I think you have to pay to choose your seat on Emirates in economy unless you booked a Flex ticket. You can wait for online check in to open 48hrs before flight and them choose for free from what is left. At least that is how I am reading their seating info on the website.
      Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bound4Tassie View Post
      I hadn't realised we'd have to pay to book particular seats. I didn't on A recent Qatar airways flight....you just went online and chose.
      Our November flight will involve 2 adults, 2 young kids,and an infant so I really want the bulkhead row of 4 . Went online (Qantas) but I could only request a preference of window/aisle. I'd best phone in the morning I think!!
      If I booked with Qantas but flights are actually with Emirates, who do you phone?

Just read on Emirates page that if you are travelling with an infant you are exempt from the charge as are all family members in the group....but as infant not yet born I can't add them to the booking just yet.

If you book a sky cot for your newborn, you will get the bulkhead row

Title
      Liked
      10888 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelverton View Post
      If you book a sky cot for your newborn, you will get the bulkhead row
      Depending on the number of infants the entire bulkhead row may not be available even if you book it. There are usually 2 cots so if another little one needs the other cot then an adult or 2 would be seated there with them. Usually they then seat others behind or across the isle which I found to work fine.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5397 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bound4Tassie View Post
      I think you have to pay to choose your seat on Emirates in economy unless you booked a Flex ticket. You can wait for online check in to open 48hrs before flight and them choose for free from what is left. At least that is how I am reading their seating info on the website.
      I don't, and I have standard el cheapie seats.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      My family travel with Emirates frequently, they book their seats in advance with no charge. They are Skywards members (frequent flyers club, free to join) maybe that would give you the option to prebook seats for free.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast