Employment in Perth

TiaCapan

Hi all

I know a few people in Perth and all are employed currently, but none of them were working in mining so don't seem to have been affected, luckily.

I left WA 18 months ago to take up a job offer over East. I work in healthcare, but I'm considering moving back, although I would need a job to move back to. I spent several months out of work in Perth when I first emigrated 3 years ago, and I can't afford to end up back in the same position.

Just wondered how new migrants/people new to Perth were faring?

Wife works in private healthcare and currently very quiet at work.

Health insurance seems to be one of the first savings made when things get tight!

Public system might be getting busier though.

Best to find a job from over East prior to moving, if you can.

Hi all

I know a few people in Perth and all are employed currently, but none of them were working in mining so don't seem to have been affected, luckily.

I left WA 18 months ago to take up a job offer over East. I work in healthcare, but I'm considering moving back, although I would need a job to move back to. I spent several months out of work in Perth when I first emigrated 3 years ago, and I can't afford to end up back in the same position.

Just wondered how new migrants/people new to Perth were faring?

The perth unemployment rate - though higher than much of the eastern states and the UK isn't that high. But what often happens in these situations is that there is a freeze on employment. So if you have a job, you are fairly safe. But you may struggle to find one. But if you are over east you could always fly over for an interview, maybe skype the first one. Worth a look.