WHV to BVA (820 Application)

BradBram

Hey guys,

Just after some advice, I have two questions, i've searched for the answers but haven't had much luck!

I'm planning to apply in the next couple of days for my 820 partner visa,

I'm currently on a working holiday visa that is due to expire at the start of March,

My first question is, if submit my application for the 820 in the next couple of days, I understand I'll be granted a bridging visa straight away but this doesn't come into effect until the WHV expires.. Does this mean that I can leave the country before my working holiday expires in March and return on my WHV without having to apply for the B Bridging visa? Just as my current job is requiring me to travel..

Also, i don't know if you have any idea of the current processing times for the Form 1445 for me to extend past the 6 months on my working holiday, currently i will have been employed for 6 months at the start of Feb, work want to keep me on, so i'm hoping to have this approved due to the pending visa application or i will have to leave work for 5 weeks.. Do you have any idea how long these generally take to be approved? I'll be giving myself about 3 weeks.. Do you think this will be sufficient?

Thanks

Brad

My first question is, if submit my application for the 820 in the next couple of days, I understand I'll be granted a bridging visa straight away but this doesn't come into effect until the WHV expires.. Does this mean that I can leave the country before my working holiday expires in March and return on my WHV without having to apply for the B Bridging visa? Just as my current job is requiring me to travel..

You are allowed to travel within the validity of your working holiday visa as long as you are back in Australia before the visa expires.

Also, i don't know if you have any idea of the current processing times for the Form 1445 for me to extend past the 6 months on my working holiday, currently i will have been employed for 6 months at the start of Feb, work want to keep me on, so i'm hoping to have this approved due to the pending visa application or i will have to leave work for 5 weeks.. Do you have any idea how long these generally take to be approved? I'll be giving myself about 3 weeks.. Do you think this will be sufficient?

You can only apply for the extension of the 6 month work limitation after the 820 has been lodged. Processing times do vary, but they are usually pretty quick if all necessary information is provided.