Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      423 times
      Rep
      I've had a quick flick though this thread and I was wondering if the "little green eye" was at work as the posters who dislike Sydney don't live there. I've lived here for over 50 years and I have never heard a Sydney sider say that it is the best city in the World - best in Australia yes, Australia is the best country in the World - yes, but most people think that the country they were born in is the best, even if they don't live there.
      The only thing that is really expensive in Sydney is real estate. Food is more expensive that it used to be, wages/salaries have risen dramatically but if you shop smart you can still eat very well on comparatively little. I have seen many changes, not all good, but Sydney is not as bad as is being made out, as I said in the beginning, maybe the little green eye is showing itself.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      420 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Ellie 2 View Post
      I've had a quick flick though this thread and I was wondering if the "little green eye" was at work as the posters who dislike Sydney don't live there. I've lived here for over 50 years and I have never heard a Sydney sider say that it is the best city in the World - best in Australia yes, Australia is the best country in the World - yes, but most people think that the country they were born in is the best, even if they don't live there.
      The only thing that is really expensive in Sydney is real estate. Food is more expensive that it used to be, wages/salaries have risen dramatically but if you shop smart you can still eat very well on comparatively little. I have seen many changes, not all good, but Sydney is not as bad as is being made out, as I said in the beginning, maybe the little green eye is showing itself.
      Maybe, but I live here, and I do like it. But I do also agree with other posters that there is a Sydney attitude. It's probably similar to a London or NYC attitude. Sydney vibes are real.
      Moved to Sydney.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1400 times
      Rep
      Spending millions on fireworks is a sickening, obscene waste of taxpayers money.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      722 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lambethlad View Post
      Spending millions on fireworks is a sickening, obscene waste of taxpayers money.

Sydney is not not the only city spending large amounts of money on this to bring the new year in, with out actually checking I bet they pay for themselves with the amount of people spending in the city. 1.5 million attended this year by all accounts.

Title
      Moving from Ireland to Melbourne (in late 2017)
      Liked
      101 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lambethlad View Post
      Is it?

Think of the Hotel Rooms and Plane Seats that fills - annually.

A cracking ROI, in my opinion.

B
      Visa 190 'Skilled Nomination' | Teacher | AITSL skills assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL skills assessment result 10 06 '16 | Recce to Mellie August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | 'State Nomination' application lodged 31 08 '16 | 'State Teaching Registration' application approved 23 12 '16 | We await further instruction...

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Ellie 2 View Post
      Totally agree with you, we lived in inner west SYD for almost 10 years, all our children were born there and started school almost right up to secondary, and it is a cracking city to grow up in, sadly we made a huge mistake and moved to adelaide in 2012, a city which is frankly so far behind its hard to see where it will go.

People who talk about quality of life and say adelaide is better than Sydney have obviously not lived in SYD.
      When I was a kid, it seemed like they made something new every day. Some, gadget or idea, like every day was Christmas. But six billion people, just imagine that. And every last one of them trying to have it all…........

•  
    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678