Broadband in Brisbane

clickerbob

Hello all,

We landed in Brisbane 2 weeks ago and have just secured a rental starting in the new year. I'm looking to get broadband set up for 7th January.

From my research, there appears to be a wide range of providers, offering varying speeds with prices ranging from around $50 to $100.

I had virgin cable in the uk and I'll be looking to stream movies/Netflix etc.

Does anyone in the Brisbane area have any recommedations for a reasonable priced, yet reliable service broadband provider/package?

Many thanks...

Bob

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

We landed in Brisbane 2 weeks ago and have just secured a rental starting in the new year. I'm looking to get broadband set up for 7th January.

From my research, there appears to be a wide range of providers, offering varying speeds with prices ranging from around $50 to $100.

I had virgin cable in the uk and I'll be looking to stream movies/Netflix etc.

Does anyone in the Brisbane area have any recommedations for a reasonable priced, yet reliable service broadband provider/package?

Many thanks...

Bob

Hi, While not in Brisbane I am with iinet(Melbourne), very good customer service and on the whole has been very reliable. Any issues(and not that many that I can count one hand) have been resolved pretty quickly. The are owned by TPG now, which I have used in the past and found the service to be pretty reliable but the customer support was awful when I did encounter a problem.

Internet is more expensive than the UK, less competition. NBN is rolling out, check out if your post code supports it. Note: it is not having the greatest reviews and a bit of a money pit for the government, due to the functionality offered not what was documented. This might offer what you want, just do a little research on it or someone here might be able to comment as not available in my suburb.

Try to see if you can find out how far you from the exchange as that can make a difference to speed and line quality.

welcome, iinet also offer naked broadband which means you do not pay for the landline, if you do not need it.

EDIT: This service does take longer to activate though.

Are you going to buy the modem yourself and set it up yourself. This means it would be faster than having to wait for engineers over the holidays. The setup is pretty simple and the instructions on there website easy to follow.

TPG ADSL2 unlimited for $59.99 a month is fine for streaming for me.

If you want Foxtel too,Telstra got a good deal on the bundle at moment which may get you cable which is fast.

Edited by Guest

welcome, iinet also offer naked broadband which means you do not pay for the landline, if you do not need it.

EDIT: This service does take longer to activate though.

Are you going to buy the modem yourself and set it up yourself. This means it would be faster than having to wait for engineers over the holidays. The setup is pretty simple and the instructions on there website easy to follow.

Hadn't thought of buying the modem myself, but may well do if it speeds things up. Thanks for the info...