Applying visit visa while 309 application is already lodged

henryolonga

Hello to all,

Currently, I am on a 190 visa and my wife has lodged an application of 309/100 visa.

Since I am overseas with my family till the grant of 309/100 visa (subject to approval), we were looking for options for visit visa for my wife and kid.

I am concerned about the following if we lodged a visit visa for my wife and kid:

1) If there is a rejection/refusal of visit visa, will it have any impact on 309/100 application?

2) What subclass can I apply for visit visa?

3) What is the time frame for the grant of visit visa ? I mean how long does it take to be granted and how long this visa lasts for (say 3 months, 6 months, or other)

Please advise

Regards,

Henry

Same thing mate I applied for visitor visa before lodging 309 it got rejected however time frame for visitor visa was 15 working days at that time but they keep me waiting for one month exactly and then came up with rejection so frustrating if they wanted to reject it why straight away they did not in time frame I don't know how it works however I have lodged for 309 and applied for visitor visa again and still have no answer as per Australian embassy in India it says visitor visa processing time is 7 working days and mine is 15 working days has already passed and still have no answer and now there is a Christmas holidays I was hoping to spend holidays with my wife but all my hopes ruined there is nothing I can do except wait I hope you best of luck and you can check your visitor visa process time on your country's embassy hope this helps good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
Same thing mate I applied for visitor visa before lodging 309 it got rejected however time frame for visitor visa was 15 working days at that time but they keep me waiting for one month exactly and then came up with rejection so frustrating if they wanted to reject it why straight away they did not in time frame I don't know how it works however I have lodged for 309 and applied for visitor visa again and still have no answer as per Australian embassy in India it says visitor visa processing time is 7 working days and mine is 15 working days has already passed and still have no answer and now there is a Christmas holidays I was hoping to spend holidays with my wife but all my hopes ruined there is nothing I can do except wait I hope you best of luck and you can check your visitor visa process time on your country's embassy hope this helps good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thnaks for the response.

Do you know if there is a difference in applying for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year visit visa?

I mean if the difference is regarding cost ? or is it upon the department to grant 3 months or 6 months or 1 year visa depending upon circumstances ?

Regards,

Henry