Ozzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Jimbob

Hi All!

Being a frequent visiter to this site over the past few months and making the most of all the great information on offer it's about time I said Hi!

Having spent a year in Oz on a working holiday visa back in 2009/2010 I fell head over heels in love with the country and promised myself to make it home asap. On my return to the UK I met my now wife who for a number of years had to put up with me telling her what a 'great idea' it would be to up sticks, leave family, friends and everything she's become attached to and move to the other side of the planet!! :eek: Our honeymoon spent in a campervan on the east coast sealed the deal for her after she fell in love with Oz too!

So with a lot of determination we were finally granted our 189 visa a few months ago off the back of my tiling trade. We've just booked our flights and can't wait til July 2017 when we arrive Down Under to start our new lives together!

Australia here we come!!! :arghh:

We're heading to the Sunshine Coast. The year round climate is warm (though a bit humid in the summer!) and I have a couple of contacts there who tell me the construction industry is pretty lively at the moment and there are quite a few new suburbs being built which should hopefully be going for a few years. My wife's a registered nurse and there seems to be plenty of job opportunities for her too. If anyone's got any useful information on work in these industries (I'm a tiler, as I said the wife's a nurse) on the Sunshine Coast then I'm all ears!

Hi All!

Being a frequent visiter to this site over the past few months and making the most of all the great information on offer it's about time I said Hi!

Having spent a year in Oz on a working holiday visa back in 2009/2010 I fell head over heels in love with the country and promised myself to make it home asap. On my return to the UK I met my now wife who for a number of years had to put up with me telling her what a 'great idea' it would be to up sticks, leave family, friends and everything she's become attached to and move to the other side of the planet!! :eek: Our honeymoon spent in a campervan on the east coast sealed the deal for her after she fell in love with Oz too!

So with a lot of determination we were finally granted our 189 visa a few months ago off the back of my tiling trade. We've just booked our flights and can't wait til July 2017 when we arrive Down Under to start our new lives together!

Australia here we come!!! :arghh:

Good for you buddy.

Your future is looking bright!

B

Thanks Beaty...we're so excited about our new challenge!

Verystormy....she's got an advanced diploma but is in the middle of her top up now to get her degree. She can't start her AHPRA registration until we arrive in Australia but has been looking into working as a healthcare support worker or something similar until then.

Congrats

same boat. I'm a tiler and mrs a nurse. Get ready for aphra now mate (references etc) Just a paper chase which you will need to get here and certify documents whilst in U.K. Or you might find it harder from oz. the Sunshine Coast has a new hospital opening April 2017 so jobs will be plenty for nurses.

Edited by gertyax1978

Excellent! Make sure you go to the update section and tell us all about it a few months after you arrive. I love a good positive attitude and wish you and your wife all the very very best.

Thanks for the good advice and positive comments! It's nice & comforting to know that the work situation for the both of us should be good. I'll be sure to post some bits in the update section once we've been there a few months! In the meantime I'm sure I'll make myself heard elsewhere on here asking questions and making a general nuisance of myself!

Get in touch with QBCC when you arrive and see if you can get licenced also look up AS3958 2007 which is the standards tilers have to work to. Keep in touch when you land as we may have some tiling work needed next year, just need to save some money!!

Best of luck

S