shared container quote to Melbourne from England

MBI

Hi all,

We are moving back to Melbourne in Feb/March and have had a quote of 2195 gbp for 430 cubic feet door to door shiping of our goods from Anglo Pacific in a shared container.

I have read mixed reviews about this company but have regarding most shipping/removal companys, does anyone know if thats a fair price ?

Also any recents experiences of any removals

Cheers Mike

Well mate, I'm getting quotes of $3k-$6k for Sydney - Perth for 20m3 for comparison. (1m3=35cubic feet). Your 430 is about 12.2m3 which doesn't seem a lot. A standard sized fridge is about 1m3.

Get a price per m3 although they'll have minimums and pick up charges etc. I have been quoted $155 to $195 per m3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Been quoted £3240 for 655 cubic metres in a shared container with Anglo Pacific including packing up in UK and unpacking in Melbourne. I think that's a reasonable price any other thoughts from anyone??

Just to be clear, I think you mean cubic feet (& Mr. Bradley too). A standard container is about 37m3. 655 cubic feet is 17-18m3. I recently paid about $3,100 (about 2000GBP) for 20m3 for Sydney to Perth but I did the packing & unpacking. Given the extra distance and the packing/unpacking service this is probably about right. 20m3 took the standard contents of a 2 bed apartment. A standard sized fridge is about 1m3 for reference.

Just to be clear, I think you mean cubic feet (& Mr. Bradley too). A standard container is about 37m3. 655 cubic feet is 17-18m3. I recently paid about $3,100 (about 2000GBP) for 20m3 for Sydney to Perth but I did the packing & unpacking. Given the extra distance and the packing/unpacking service this is probably about right. 20m3 took the standard contents of a 2 bed apartment. A standard sized fridge is about 1m3 for reference.

Yes sorry cubic feet. We have a shared container....

Overall we got 4 quotes, Generally all seem to provide the same sevice, Anglo pacific for us was the highest price. I suppose it all despends on the time, location and other factors so they could be the cheapest for other persons