Cod in Gold Coast

Wooba

Does anyone know of a place that sells fillets of cod in Gold Coast, with the skin on it? Pretty much everywhere we look it's skinless or they sell only the entire fish. My wife is bugging me as she tried it like this in the UK and loves it.

Thanks..

Skin on is pretty strong and permeates the flesh, although personally, it doesn't bother me.

You're not thinking of Atlantic (UK) cod and assuming that Australian cod would be the same? I doubt very much that they would be selling Australian (warm water) cod in the UK. What your wife tried in the UK would not be the cod that they sell here. UK cod is cod (Atlantic) unless going fancy somewhere that sells non atlantic and that wouldn't be your average chippy or fishmonger..........end of................there are different varieties of cod here that bear no resemblance to what you buy in the UK.

Beware of supermarket (coles wooolies etc) named as cod............it might just be a name attached to imported fish by the exporter (usually Asian) that bears no resemblance (tastewise) to the Australian cod

If you want the skin on of any fish, then if the fillets don't have it, buy whole and learn to fillet, but generally, fillets are sold with skin on IOW, you pay (weightwise) for something that you may chuck in the bin

This is an Australia n cod estuarycod.jpg

This is atlantic cod

coda.jpg

Edited by Johndoe