Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      3892 times
      Rep
      The coast side of Sutherland Shire sounds like it would be a good match. Miranda has a huge Westfield centre with cinema, restaurants, shops etc. There is also a train station from which you can catch the train directly to Sydney. Caringbah would also be a good option. Parking might be less of an issue in Caringbah, unless you are in one of the streets near to the station. Cronulla would also be perfect. Lots of bars and restaurants, the beach on your doorstep. Lots of the apartment blocks will have allocated parking, but the traffic and parking can be bad over the summer holidays. I live in Sutherland Shire (albeit the other end to Cronulla) and people are always moaning about tourists parking in their spaces on our local Facebook pages! That said, many apartments come with garaging, so you could look into those. Cronulla seems to have quite a laid back beachy vibe to it, and although we don't go over that way very often, it is nice. Great for surfing if you are into that. There is quite a bit of development going on at the northern end (Greenhills Beach I think it is called), so traffic may get worse, but I would think that the roads would be improved inline with that. Another area that might be worth a mention is Sutherland. It isn't quite as nice as Cronulla or Miranda, but there are lots of apartments there and prices are a bit cheaper. You are still only five minutes from Miranda and 15 from the beach, plus Sutherland train station is on both the Cronulla line and the Illawarra line, so there are two lots of trains that pass through making it more convenient for getting to and from the city.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by LKC View Post
      The coast side of Sutherland Shire sounds like it would be a good match. Miranda has a huge Westfield centre with cinema, restaurants, shops etc. There is also a train station from which you can catch the train directly to Sydney. Caringbah would also be a good option. Parking might be less of an issue in Caringbah, unless you are in one of the streets near to the station. Cronulla would also be perfect. Lots of bars and restaurants, the beach on your doorstep. Lots of the apartment blocks will have allocated parking, but the traffic and parking can be bad over the summer holidays. I live in Sutherland Shire (albeit the other end to Cronulla) and people are always moaning about tourists parking in their spaces on our local Facebook pages! That said, many apartments come with garaging, so you could look into those. Cronulla seems to have quite a laid back beachy vibe to it, and although we don't go over that way very often, it is nice. Great for surfing if you are into that. There is quite a bit of development going on at the northern end (Greenhills Beach I think it is called), so traffic may get worse, but I would think that the roads would be improved inline with that. Another area that might be worth a mention is Sutherland. It isn't quite as nice as Cronulla or Miranda, but there are lots of apartments there and prices are a bit cheaper. You are still only five minutes from Miranda and 15 from the beach, plus Sutherland train station is on both the Cronulla line and the Illawarra line, so there are two lots of trains that pass through making it more convenient for getting to and from the city.
      Thanks for the advice. I think I will definitely be basing my search in the Sutherland shire area! Seems to have just what we need without being too far away from the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12