Bather's Beach Freo Becomes WA's First Adult Beach

flag of convenience

Finally a small stretch of sand outside an established eatery has becomes the metropolitan' s first licensed area to serve alcohol. Could this be a sign of times to come? Adults are being treated as responsible for a change and not in need of regulating every move? Too soon to say. Let's hope change is on the way and people can handle it.

Already local resident group apparently up in arms. They also feel it is opening the doors to other beaches attempting to follow suit and opening the days to mayhem.

Finally a small stretch of sand outside an established eatery has becomes the metropolitan' s first licensed area to serve alcohol. Could this be a sign of times to come? Adults are being treated as responsible for a change and not in need of regulating every move? Too soon to say. Let's hope change is on the way and people can handle it.

Already local resident group apparently up in arms. They also feel it is opening the doors to other beaches attempting to follow suit and opening the days to mayhem.

but hell hasn't frozen over? Be interesting to see if they treat it responsibly.

Oh thank goodness I thought you meant kids were banned and that beach is an outdoor classroom for my son's old school. I'm trying to think what the eatery is though. The only place I can think is the Kelp Bar at Kidogo, that was just a pop-up bar when we left though.

It is actually in the old revamped Maccers building.... menu and service are pretty average... prices a bit above that. Been once, but it wasn't outstanding enough to think about going again in a hurry.

Been a few times downstairs - was ok - last time went upstairs - was pretty cool - great venue - great music - great sunset - will be back

Opened two years ago but just got liquor licence. Been there three times to date, it is of course pricey and of questionable value, but tourists seem to lap it up. Not bad for sunsets, but prefer a few other options further north.

One thing eating out in Fremantle yesterday, we noted less locals, very few evident locals, dining out in South Terrace, but mostly from the sound anyway, foreign tourists. Walked past the Fremantle food market, Old Shanghai, finding that chocker block with locals.

I wonder is Fremantle becoming like some places in Southern Europe, where the locals can no longer afford to eat at the main eateries? Instead nosh at food markets, fish and chip venues and cafe's? Or was it just the day? I'll keep a look out with that. I must say I hadn't noticed that in Perth.

• 3 weeks later...