Ithaca Creek State School ok?

SerenaJ

Hi all, We just arrived from the UK on the 10th and are looking for a permanent rental as we're in holiday accommodation at the moment. We've found somewhere we like in Bardon and it's in the catchment for Ithaca Creek State School. Our son is 7. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of the school and whether it has a good reputation? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, We just arrived from the UK on the 10th and are looking for a permanent rental as we're in holiday accommodation at the moment. We've found somewhere we like in Bardon and it's in the catchment for Ithaca Creek State School. Our son is 7. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of the school and whether it has a good reputation? Thanks.

My kids are going to Ithaca since September (it's holiday now) and school is great. Good teachers and really nice community around the school.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
My kids are going to Ithaca since September (it's holiday now) and school is great. Good teachers and really nice community around the school.

Thanks for that - it's reassuring to get a good review from someone with children there. Do you mind me asking how old your kids are? We have a 7 year old son, so he'll be starting Year 2 later this month. We're moving into a house in Bardon next weekend. Not sure if you're able to recommend any good local places for us to make contact with children of his age before school starts - he's not had anyone his own age to play with for over a month. Really feel for the poor lad... :-(

There are several parks near Ithaca: Gilbert, Woolcock, Jubilee and Bardon Lions. All with playgrounds and open areas. Wookcock also have BBQ, so it's quite popular especially during weekends, althought with the heat wave from last week it was a bit empty.